Celebrity Dead Pool 2015

MattJimF

2010 - TigerfromMars
2011 - jf9tp2wd40 
2012 - Scorge
2013 - Bigsby
2014 - Delboy1969
2015 - ???????

You know the rules by now. Pick 20 well-known people that you think may not see the end of 2015. List them. Name one of them as your "joker". Sit back and wait for the points to start rolling in.

All teams to be submitted via PM to me. On the closing date (21st January) I will post all the teams. 

This has removed the need for the First Pick bonus, so like in 2014 that will not be awarded this year.

You will start earning points from the day your team is submitted, so best be quick.

THE RULES:

Pick 20 different celebrities who are alive, but who, in your opinion, will no longer be with us by 31st December 2015.
Nominate one of them as your "joker".
For each celeb demise that you guess correctly, you'll score points, and if your joker sadly passes away, your grief will be alleviated by the fact that you'll score double points.

The team with the most points at the end of the year will be deemed the winner.
In the event of a dead heat on points, the winner will be selected according to the following criteria, applied in this order:

-The most hits (i.e. correctly-chosen deceased celebs).
-The youngest average age of hits.

OTHER RULES:

All of your chosen celebs must be:

-Human.
-At least 18 years old at time of selection.
-Not on any form of "Death Row" or scheduled for execution.
-Actual real-life people, not characters out of soap operas and the like.
-All entries must be celebrities. Your Great Aunt Jenny doesn't count
-Named individuals, not just "Pope Wotsisface" or "the oldest person in the world".
-Players must not murder their chosen celebs. That's cheating, and cheating is wrong. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be disqualified from the game.

SCORING:

The value of the basic death depends on the person's age:

18-29 years: 12 points
30-49 years: 10 points
50-59 years: 9 points
60-69 years: 8 points
70-79 years: 7 points
80-89 years: 6 points
90-99 years: 5 points
100-109 years: 4 points
110+ years: 3 points

On top of this, bonus points are awarded as follows:

Unique pick: +3 if you were the only competitor to pick that person.
Unlucky 13: +2 for a celeb who dies on the 13th of any month.
Unnatural causes: +3 for murder, suicide or accident (but not State executions).
Party pooper: +5 for a celeb who dies on their birthday or Xmas Day.
Joker: Take the total of all the above and double it.

(All times and dates will relate to local time at place of death) 

Last years points scorers: 

Name - Age - Points
Ariel Sharon 85 6
Pete Seeger 94 5
Bob Murray 66 8
Robert A Dahl 98 5
Shirley Temple 85 6
Tom Finney 91 5
Mickey Rooney 93 5
Bob Hoskins 71 7
Casey Kasem 82 6
Eli Wallach 98 5
Lauren Bacall 89 6
Chapman Pincher 100 4
Richard Attenborough 90 5
Ian Paisley 88 6
Linda Bellingham 66 8
Gough Whitlam 98 5
  • Upvote 1

What happens if someone is found dead in the early hours of 1st January but it is unknown if the person died in 2015 or 2016. What would happen then? James Avery nearly did that in 2014 and his death was down as January 1st but later this was changed to December 31st.

If they died in 2016 and it's announced in 2015 there's some time travel involved.

If they died in 2016 and it's announced in 2015 there's some time travel involved.

I did not say it was announced in 2015 but let's say for example someone went round to Samuel L Jacksons home on 31 December 2015 and after a few drinks they had an argument about Samuel's involvement in The Incredibles and how his performance related to Pulp Fiction and the said person smashed his head in and murdered him. Let's say his body is found at 5am on 1 January 2016 after neighbours complained about strange noises and smells and so the police go round and find his body. Did he die in 2015 or 2016? 

That is what I am talking about.

Edited by Improved Thinker

Another question what happens if someone comes "back from the dead"? For example as seen in Sherlock, Romeo & Juliet and Father Ted there are ways to make you appear dead when you are really in a deep sleep well what would happen if Gary Barlow did this to avoid tax. What would happen if he was found dead a few weeks later in a big compound in Pakistan well what would happen then? Would points be given back if so could this have influenced someone winning in a previous year what if Mickey Rooney comes back?

• Downvote 2

For 3 and a half of those years you posted bus and cinema times - you passed boring a long time ago chum...

2013 was not half a year ago. I also did not do this until 2013 for the first 2 years, I asked questions and soaked up all the general information contained in the archives.

My information is also useful I was the one who informed of Hollywood actress Luise Rainor death which completely altered 2014 scores. 

You've been annoying the shite out of everyone for as far back as I can recall. 

Calm down I am no Annoying Orange. Justin Bieber has been going for 6 years alot longer than me. This forum might have not made it to 2015 without me.

Amanda Todd was alive when I first started.  ;(

I have only come back to post my death list and now I will go back into hibernation until next year.