aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2015

jester1470

You should be playing Logan and Taylor first few seasons, hugely consistant players despite their poorish ratings. Logan left me after 6 seasons as number one, only missed 3 league games in 6 seasons! 

Goodwillie just never does enough. Rooney goes hot and cold quite a lot and the prick fell out with me before he was sold. 

Flood is also worth keeping, although he loves a booking. 

Dont pick Barca what ever you do. Unless you win the league, your sacked. Nothing else will save you except winning the league every season, finish second 1 goal behind the winners and your sacked. Madness how they have set certain things up this year.

I released Michael Rose after a few seasons as he is hopeless. Pawlett comes to me to complain i let our best youngster leave. Rose was 21, no games at all for the club and since being released has retired as no one signed him. Makes no sense at all.

Kinda given up on FM for the moment, they have just messed up this years one too much for me. Too many unhappy players over stupid things. Im all for players wanting to leave, but i now have players demanding moves to clubs who are not even interested in them. Jack wanted to move to Everton as they played in a better league, then got annoyed when i wouldnt sell him to them, finally accepted two bids, one from Everton, the other from Sunderland in the championship, and he moved there instead! Left the CL, the best team in Scotland by far, SPFL is now 8th in the rankings and he demands to leave to play in a better league, only to move to a club in the championship, and they turn him into a centre back.....meh ill try again next year. 

You should be playing Logan and Taylor first few seasons, hugely consistant players despite their poorish ratings. Logan left me after 6 seasons as number one, only missed 3 league games in 6 seasons! 

Goodwillie just never does enough. Rooney goes hot and cold quite a lot and the prick fell out with me before he was sold. 

Flood is also worth keeping, although he loves a booking. 

Interesting. Logan always seems to waste possession of the ball with me, and he's really my number three right back now after I brought Super Kev home. Taylor is first choice replacement for Zayatte, but again it's a pretty close call between the two.

What did you do with Considine?

Kinda given up on FM for the moment, they have just messed up this years one too much for me. Too many unhappy players over stupid things. Im all for players wanting to leave, but i now have players demanding moves to clubs who are not even interested in them. Jack wanted to move to Everton as they played in a better league, then got annoyed when i wouldnt sell him to them, finally accepted two bids, one from Everton, the other from Sunderland in the championship, and he moved there instead! Left the CL, the best team in Scotland by far, SPFL is now 8th in the rankings and he demands to leave to play in a better league, only to move to a club in the championship, and they turn him into a centre back.....meh ill try again next year. 

Players definitely get in a huff more in this one, and you can't win them over. I get players throwing a piss because I've sold a youth player who wasn't ever going to be good enough. Nearly every time, at least one players goes barmy because I've sold a young kid to a League 2 side. If I poach youngsters from other clubs, it always seems to make one of their star players unhappy as well. If you buy any youth players from Man United, Wayne Rooney hands in a transfer request. I pinched 18 yr old goalkeeper Joel Pereira from United's U18 for my Wolfsburg side, and then Rooney wanted out immediately. Same happened in another save when I nabbed Fosu Mensah again from United. Nuts.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

Pawlett absolutely terrorised defences when I was at The Dons.  Played him in behind Cammy Smith and Adam Rooney and he went to town in a Trequartista role. 

I trained, and played Logan as a wing back and he did really well.  I found use for Considine too, as I normally played a back three.  Well, knid of a back three, I had Reynolds in the DM position as a HB.  Taylor too, was really good. 

I was only at The Dons for a season though, before moving on to Southampton. 

I lined up

GK-d Langfield

CD-d Taylor CD-d Considine

CWB-a Logan   HB-s Reynolds   CWB-a Hayes

DLP-d Jack BBM-s Flood

T-a Pawlett

DLP-s Smith AF-a Rooney

McGinn spent most of the season injured and Goodwillie didn't work for me, but Cammy Smith got heaps of goals!  Came 2nd in league and reached quarter final of Europa League (had a really easy draw and got knocked out by Internazionale) and the final of both domestic cups.  Kind of disappointed not to win anything, but we were pretty good! 

• Upvote 1

Bayern Munich are onto their 3rd manager this season, and two of them are Villas Boas

2aieji8.jpg

Pep got chucked, because Bayern were 5th and got knocked out of the Champions League. AVB got the job. Got sacked after 2 months, and then re-hired on the same day.

I'm at the top with Wolfsburg. Won 30 games in a row in all competitions. Eat my goal.

The lads:

flxzpd.jpg

It concedes quite a lot of goals, but I'm always scoring more, so fuck balance. Goals. I seem to be winning every game 4-2 and 5-3.

Drmic and De Bruyne just keep getting better ever week. Drmic is pretty lousy if he gets the ball anywhere on the pitch outside of the penalty area, but if he gets it infront of goal, then it's a goal. Always. No misses.

Ricardo Rodriguez seems to be pretty much the best left back in the game after one season. Pjanic too. The Bosnian Iniesta. Bosniesta.

The Drmic Damage:

2pqooxf.jpg

8 points clear of Dortmund at the top. I've not lost since September. I've also had ridiculous luck with injuries, as in, I've had pretty much zero significant injuries. If Drmic or De Bruyne get crocked, then it's over. My other strikers are BAS DOST and Lord Bendtner, the latter has played zero minutes this season, because he is garbage.

• Upvote 2

The lads:

flxzpd.jpg

It concedes quite a lot of goals, but I'm always scoring more, so fuck balance. Goals. I seem to be winning every game 4-2 and 5-3.

Drmic and De Bruyne just keep getting better ever week. Drmic is pretty lousy if he gets the ball anywhere on the pitch outside of the penalty area, but if he gets it infront of goal, then it's a goal. Always. No misses.

Ricardo Rodriguez seems to be pretty much the best left back in the game after one season. Pjanic too. The Bosnian Iniesta. Bosniesta.

The Drmic Damage:

2pqooxf.jpg

8 points clear of Dortmund at the top. I've not lost since September. I've also had ridiculous luck with injuries, as in, I've had pretty much zero significant injuries. If Drmic or De Bruyne get crocked, then it's over. My other strikers are BAS DOST and Lord Bendtner, the latter has played zero minutes this season, because he is garbage.

For Adam :) 

• Upvote 1

The formation is just a super narrow 4-2-3-1, but with one of the midfielders deep. I don't really know if that makes a huge difference, but I've not tried reverting back, so I will assume it is hugely important. 

The back four and the DM keep passes short and don't take too many risks. Both the centre backs and the DM hold position and mark as tightly as possible. It gives the opposing team a fair lot of possession, but I don't tend to concede many unless it's on the counter. Both full backs stay wide and drill crosses, but also pass short. The DM is totally reeled in, I've got him doing as few risky passes as possible, he just recycles the ball, and twats anyone who comes near him. I concede a lot of goals down the sides on the counter, as my full backs are totally rogue.

I use the CAM as the target man, and I put the strongest of the front 4 in there. Aaron Hunt in this case is strong and has good first touch. He holds up the ball, but doesn't really score or get many assists himself. He plays it to one of the outside AMs, the full backs or Pjanic, who go direct to Drmic, and Drmic doesn't miss. It's more reliant on Pjanic than Drmic though. Pjanic is one of the best players I've used on FM, and he improves at a rapid rate form the start. His pass completion is pretty huge for a player who is constantly pinging through balls or switching it to the full backs. 29 assists in all comps, which was the highest in Europe. I actually thought he had more than that. De Bruyne got a load too.

I think any decent poacher would excel infront of him so long as they've got pace, first touch and can finish. Drmic can't do much else than put the ball in the net. I am also finding that the 'Advanced Forward' role is much better for a poacher than the actual 'Poacher' role. As a 'Poacher', he tended to drift wide a lot more, and put in terrible passes and crosses. as an AF, he seems to stay central a lot more and doesn't really move from there.

Drmic's only instruction is "shoot more often", so he hammers anything that comes his way, and that's rarely outside of the box. The result is loads of goals.

Sell everyone, and buy Pjanic.

Now all my best players want to leave for bigger clubs, even though I've just won the league and the Europa League. (I lost the Pokal final to HERTHA because I rested a few players for the Europe League final a few days after). They're all on promises that we'll win the Champions League. It's going to be chaos next summer if I don't.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hat trick!

What a fun season my FM14 third season with Dundee turned out to be. Made the Europa League group stages, won the Scottish Cup for the second season running and finished 3rd in the SPL, 3 points off second. Scored the highest amount of goals of all the teams in the league. I think I could have actually gone one better and finished 2nd but my young squad struggled with all the Europa League games midweek and I dropped a lot of points at the start of the season because of it. Turned down West Ham and Birmingham to stay on with Dundee for season 4. I've got a really really good squad, nearly all <25 as well, however my star striker Atajic was on loan, and Paul Gallagher at AMC is 32 and down to 2 1/2 stars, I need to replace them over the summer then I think I can take 2nd next year. Because I've built a squad from signing promising youngsters and giving them loads of game time to develop I've got a lot of wages spare and some spending money. Once I feel like the squad is complete and I might start looking for my next challenge. I'm running Spain, Italy, France, Germany, England, USA, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden. Fuck knows why because I never play in any leagues other than Scotland and England.

• 3 weeks later...
Season 4 in my Dundee save, 10 games left, top of the SPL by 3 points, and in the League Cup final. Having a ridiculous season, which is weird because my strikers are both struggling to score consistently, my Attacking Midfielders are mostly underperforming or injured, and also I lost my best player in the summer (the aforementioned Lewis Milne to fucking Fulham, he scored almost 30 goals last season). My RB Kenny Lala is keeping me top almost single-handedly with goals and assists, and I have a rock solid defence. I've played the same formation for the past two seasons without changing it once:

-------------AF/A------------

-----AM/A----AP/A---AM/S-----

------BBM/S--------BWM/F----

-CWB/A---LD/D----LD/D---CWB-A

--------------GK-----------

GK - Dean Santangelo

LB - Stephane Bousselbaine

CB - Adil Benzariouh

CB - Yrondu Musavu-King

RB - Kenny Lala

CM - Craig Storrie

CM - Stephen Gleeson ©