aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2015

jester1470

Having great success with Villarreal using a sexy 3-3-3-1. It looks like a spaceship.

AF(A)

BWM(S)  AP(A)  B2B(S)

LWB(S) --------- A(D) --------- CWB(A)

CB(D)  BPD(D)  CB(D)

The ball is mine. No ball for you. I've got Tony Valencia on the right, dicking fullbacks with his bulldozer-shaped upper-body.

Also snagged Sergio Canales on loan, playing in the AP position. He's damn slick. His through balls are a like a knife; nay, a FIST through butter.

Luciano Vietto up front? Bring your brolly. It's raining goals.

I didn't let Musacchio leave either. I just ignored him whilst he was in a piss about City. He was pissy for a while, the money grabbing little piss. Then we beat Barcelona 3-2 on their own patch. 60% possession, at the bleedin' Nou Camp. Bruno sent Suarez off on a stretcher. Have it! Conveniently, the pissiness subsided after that game. I bet he's badgekissing and everything now.

• Upvote 1

Having great success with Villarreal using a sexy 3-3-3-1. It looks like a spaceship.

AF(A)

BWM(S)  AP(A)  B2B(S)

LWB(S) --------- A(D) --------- CWB(A)

CB(D)  BPD(D)  CB(D)

The ball is mine. No ball for you. I've got Tony Valencia on the right, dicking fullbacks with his bulldozer-shaped upper-body.

Also snagged Sergio Canales on loan, playing in the AP position. He's damn slick. His through balls are a like a knife; nay, a FIST through butter.

Luciano Vietto up front? Bring your brolly. It's raining goals.

I didn't let Musacchio leave either. I just ignored him whilst he was in a piss about City. He was pissy for a while, the money grabbing little piss. Then we beat Barcelona 3-2 on their own patch. 60% possession, at the bleedin' Nou Camp. Bruno sent Suarez off on a stretcher. Have it! Conveniently, the pissiness subsided after that game. I bet he's badgekissing and everything now.

Looks good - I've struggled to get a wing-back formation to work in this version of the game.

What are the rest of your team instructions/fluidity etc?

It's fairly rigid, and it's set to 'control'. I only really have Canales and Antonio Valencia roaming from their positions really, but Valencia mostly clings to the right hand side anyway. He just gets forward a lot, though he's got the work rate to get back. Everyone else stays fairly disciplined.

The tempo is a little slow, to retain possession. Build from the back, work into box, the usual possession-hogging stuff. I'm bossing possession with ease, and even Barca only had 3 shots on goal.

Back 3's seem impenetrable. The polar opposite of real life.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finished 2nd in La Liga with Villarreal, behind Sevilla(!!). Real 3rd, Atleti 4th, Barca 5th and not in the Champions League. Wild. Barca's defence is totally shite.

Looking around Europe, title favourites getting gazumped seems to be common. Schalke won the Bundesliga (Gladbach 2nd, Bayern 3rd, Dortmund 6th!), Arsenal won the Premier League (Southampton 2nd, Chelsea 3rd, United 4th, City 5th).

Genoa almost won Serie A until Roma pipped them to the top in the last few games. Genoa still finished 2nd though, ahead of Juventus. Huge.

Why is it that whichever league you're playing in always grows its reputation the most?  Ie: in my game in '14 there were never any Italian teams in the latter stages of the Champions league until I moved to Inter and then there were always at least 2 in the semi final, once three if I remember correctly?! 

Not had a chance to dog my teeth into this.  Might start my Aberdeen game again as I'm having a miserable time.  Bottom of the league after 5 matches with only a point to my name!  So many own goals too!  When's the patch coming?

I ditched Villarreal and took the Wolfsburg job. There's some good talent in there. Max Arnold and Kevin De Bruyne are great fun to manage. Brought in Drmic, Pjanic Fabio and Balanta. Fabio is a little cunt. He's played 18 out of 23 games, and he came to have a whinge about not getting enough games, because I rested him against Europa League minnows. I then terminated the contract of a Brazilian regen, because he was proper shite, and now Fabio wants to leave. WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

I couldn't get the 3-3-3-1 formation to work here, so I've gone with a simple 4-2-3-1 narrow, with Pjanic in the I'll-Just-Do-Everything-Then role, which he is great at. 19 assists in 20 games from central midfield. Monstrous.

Went on an 18 game unbeaten streak in all comps. 100% in the Europa League group, 4 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga. Bonzer. I gave Bayern a 4-0 hiding. They were battering me for half an hour, but Ribery got sent off. I charged at them with a mental 4-1-5 all out attack. Dicked 'em.

I thought I would strol to Europa League success, but somehow Bayern and Real Madrid have dropped into it, after finishing 3rd in their CL groups. Shite.

Have Pavel but failed to get a permit for him, got Balanta but he has a broken foot. Raging. Think I have Jovic on my shortlist, will look into him again when i have some fecking money. Got Romagna on loan at present haven't played him much due to his Bramble level of concentration. Humam is with me as well, trying to get him out on loan somewhere. Others will be getting scouted this afternoon. Thanks Big Bastard.

I'm playing a sort of 5-3-2 (2-3-2-1-2) at Aberdeen and its been good.  Totally dominating games and getting a lot of shots away.  Won 3 and drawn 1 so far with it, having lost my first game 0-3 to Dundee United using a 4-2-3-1. 

Its:

GK-d

CB-d CB-d

CWB-a HB-d CWB-a

BWM-d DLP-s

Treq-a

DLF-s AF-a

Defending narrowly - as always - drilling c rosses, retaining possession, pressing and low tempo.  Control and balanced fluidity.  Nice

• 2 weeks later...
I decided to give '14 another go, started a new game as the Dons, started out pretty strong and actually felt like I'd finally got to grips with the game. Come January I'm sitting third in the SPL, still in the cups, and a new chairman takes over and immediately punts me and replaces me with Nigel cunting Clough. I thought that was a bit harsh. I know the game is meant to be realistic but fuck's sake. I got a new job pretty quickly and took over at Preston North End in League 1, finished out the season in 7th, one point off the play off. Most of my best players were on loan unfortunately so I've lost them, now I've got the summer transfer window to bring in my own players and ruin everything for next season. Craig Gordon has already signed on a free. 'Mon the Lilywhites. 

• 1 month later...

I decided to give '14 another go, started a new game as the Dons, started out pretty strong and actually felt like I'd finally got to grips with the game. Come January I'm sitting third in the SPL, still in the cups, and a new chairman takes over and immediately punts me and replaces me with Nigel cunting Clough. I thought that was a bit harsh. I know the game is meant to be realistic but fuck's sake. I got a new job pretty quickly and took over at Preston North End in League 1, finished out the season in 7th, one point off the play off. Most of my best players were on loan unfortunately so I've lost them, now I've got the summer transfer window to bring in my own players and ruin everything for next season. Craig Gordon has already signed on a free. 'Mon the Lilywhites. 

Ruined this, sacked by mid season, swore never to play FM ever again, lasted about 3 weeks, started a new game. I've recognised a pattern. Every time I take over a club the first season goes pretty well then I go on a massive losing streak in the second. Because at the end of the first season I ship out all the dead wood and try to completely rebuild the team in one transfer window. Too much upheaval. This time it'll be different. One or two key players per transfer window. I've just finished season 1 with an aging Dundee side in the Championship, finished 3rd and tackling the play-offs tonight. Must resist urge to replace entire midfield. 

• Upvote 1

B7lD7NHCMAAlI2g.jpg

This picture sums up my first season with Dundee. Stingy at the back but toothless as fuck in front of goal. I don't think I scored more than 2 goals in any game all season. I didn't get to play my playoffs last night because my girlfriend wanted to use the laptop to book our honeymoon or some shit. I did play the last two (meaningless) league games of the season though, was on a 9 game unbeaten run and inexplicably captiulated and lost 4-0 away to Cowdenbeath in the last game of the season. The fuck?

Twardzik

Irvine - Gallagher - Cummins - Giverin

Rae - Olofinjana

Yussuf - Milne - McAlister

Nade

Edited by Loopy Racist

I've got a pretty good going Dons game in FM15, will update with more DETAIL later, but basically finished 3rd first season (behind Celtic as winners and ICT who ran away with 2nd). Was really using it as a way of settling into a formation that works. Have Galatasaray as my parent club (and St Etienne who have no useful players to borrow but still pay me a fee). Asked Stewarty Milne to go and sign me Graeme Shinnie first season (he did) and then Lewis Macleod second season (he did). Currently line up like this, after realising that the global love of a 4-2-3-1 is the way to go:

Ben Amos (GK/D)

Tarik Camdal (FB/S) - Kamil Zayatte (LD/D) - Mark Reynolds (CD/D) - Graeme Shinnie (WB/S)

Ryan Jack (DLP/D) - Lewis Macleod (BBM/S)

Jonny Hayes (IF/S) - Peter Pawlett (AP/A) - Niall McGinn (IF/A)

Adam Rooney (AF/A)

Squad: Danny Rogers, Shay Logan, Andy Considine (moaning), Ash Taylor (moaning), Kevin McNaughton, Willo Flood, Barry Robson, Jamie Ness, Dylan McGeough, Sinan Gumus, Gary Mackay-Steven, David Goodwillie, Will Keane

Probably someone I've forgotten.

Decent strength in depth. Started the second season badly but have picked up since a 2-1 win at Celtic Park after coming from behind. Rooney is full o' goals.