aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2015

jester1470

• 2 weeks later...

IPad Football Manager!!

The game has changed gentlemen!

It is Football Manager 2015 Classic mode so much better than handheld or mobile (whatever they called it)!

What are the real limitations of it? I had FM2014 for hand-held and it was awful. I appreciate it'll be better than that though.

Biggest limitation so far is the size of game. Only three countries per game but you can have all their leagues still.

Touch screen moving stuff does take getting used to. It's good so far I haven't played classic mode on PC though so can't really compare.

It's also a bit annoying not being able to mod in the club badges for EPL.

Biggest limitation so far is the size of game. Only three countries per game but you can have all their leagues still.

Touch screen moving stuff does take getting used to. It's good so far I haven't played classic mode on PC though so can't really compare.

It's also a bit annoying not being able to mod in the club badges for EPL.

Yeah, I've never played Classic on the PC either. So is that 3 active leagues with the rest being passive? So you can only manage in those leagues? I believe there's a 30 season limit too.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the January update, it feels like it is now impossible to send players out on loan. Chelsea and United probably have about 100 players between them out on loan. I have 5 or 6 18-20 yr olds who are pretty damn good already, but not quite ready for my first team, but it's just impossible to get them to go on loan.

Either no club sees them as "viable" (even though I'm paying 100% of the wages, charging no monthly fee and not even demanding that they play every week and in a certain position! It's all totally negotiable) or the players refuse any offer from the enquiring clubs. They're never happy about being put into the U21/U18 squads either. I read that setting up an affiliate club helps for getting players out on loan. So I did that. The board set up an affiliate club for me. Great right?

The little shits all refused to go on loan there. All of them. I wondered if it was because the stature of the affiliate club was too low (Preston in League 1). So out of interest, I used the Real Time Editor to make my affiliate clubs Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Ajax and Juventus, just as an experiment, to see if that is the issue with these prima donnas.

I offered these youngsters on loan to all 4 clubs.

All 4 clubs obliged.

All 6 players rejected the loan offers.

I click on their profiles and it even says "Hoping to gain some experience by going out on loan". WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

I play the first 3 games of the season, and all 6 have all had a moan about not getting enough first team football. For some reason, FM haven't programmed in a "You rejected loan deals from EVERYONE you little cunts" response. and if I say anything other than "Sorry boys. I'll give all you kids an extended run in the first team ahead of my 40 goals a season striker, because you're 18 and you've definitely earned it" like a little bitch, then I've got a mutiny.

Fuck knows what my Director of Football is doing. He's meant to be finding loan deals for my youngsters. I think he's just writing "Players for loan" on a bus ticket, putting it in a beer-bottle and chucking it in a river.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Phil Jones giving it large.

RsAP8tS.png?1

How do you respond to that? There isn't an option for "Assertive > Stand on Phil Jones' neck"

I've found that you need to criticise them specifically on the aspect of their game that was shite.  So, even if he's leaked three goals in defence, he might have made plenty of tackles.  Unfortunately it only gives you the option of criticising his tackling or passing when he might not have been particularly bad at either.  They do need a few more options in these situations; when you're one on one with a player.  There's no option to say something aggressively to them, for instance.

I'm currently in the 24/25 season because I'm unemployed.  I've managed Aberdeen, Southampton, Borussia Dortmund, the USA and I'm now at a totally mismanaged Man United who I'm turning into trophy winning machines.  I'm also the Scotland manager, who I took to the quarter finals of the European Championship in 2024.  I've got a tactic that's basically broken the game.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not nearly addicted to FM as I used to be, bought the game at Christmas and played a fair bit when on holiday in Brazil.  Got Cambridge promoted after 2 seasons, then a season of consolidation before just missing out of the play offs in league one.  So tendered my resignation as was looking for a new challenge.  Paul Ince took over and got my beloved football team relegated at the first attempt!

Brentford came calling next.  In the championship, moved to a new 25000 all seater stadium.  Expected play offs got them in the premier league at the first attempt!  After a season of consolidation managed to bag a Europa League spot where I made the quarter finals.  The amount of games took its toll on the team plus a run to the final of the league cup where I was dicked 4-0 by Man City.  Finished 15th, lost the dressing room and league form was woeful at best so thought it was better to quit whilst ahead at the end of the season.

Chucked my name about for any job going as running all the major leagues in Europe.  Took a job at Villareal.  Not much money, having to do an 'arry and wheel and deal in the transfer market.  I kid you not I even had to sign a defender from Aberdeen!  One win and a draw in my two games in charge.

• 2 months later...

I got trousered in the first round of the cup by Hearts. 1-6 at home. The fan are incandescent. I'll be expecting bullets in the post.

Schweinsteiger saw red before half time, after conceding a penalty. 1-2 down at the break. everyone's knackered, because they're all ancient. Forced into making 3 subs. Then aguero limps off shortly after the restart. 35 minutes with 9 men. Another 4 goals go in. Victor Valdes' reflexes have dipped down to single figures. If you take a shot at him, he is diving for it tomorrow.

Sergio Ramos is a waste of carbon as well. I've got a 17 yr old regen, Tom McWatt, who is significantly below the standard of the SPL, and even he is barking at me, implying he's more than good enough to get a game. Basically, he's telling me to bin Sergio, the cheeky shite.

At this point in 2020, Sergio Ramos has 170 caps for Spain. How many caps for Spain do you have, Tom? You have none, because you were born in Dumfries, and because you're shit. A season in the reserves will learn you to sling muck at the captain.

Despite the CUPSET, I've gained a bit of momentum, playing the slowest tempo of possession football imaginable. Inesta limps around like Berbatov with boots made of breeze-blocks, but he can thread a ball through a traffic jam. He's taking the piss.

3rd in the league. A couple of heavy defeats and a cup knockout, but 6 straight wins since. I also signed a fairly unknown right back on deadline day, just to fill numbers, for when Philip Lahm is injured (which is all the time). He's a decent footballer, and probably better than a decrepit Lahm, but the board and the fans were disappointed in the decision to sign him. He doesn't fit the profile.

The Galactico Philosophy is not top be compromised with, it seems.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

I have it. The massive blocks on the tactics screen are a total eyesore. Apart from that, it's good, if not a bit tougher than recent years. Possession and pressing isn't and overpowered as it once was, which is quite realistic given the tactical shift in recent years, with lesser teams being quite capable of combating possession football IRL. Pace and counter attacking is the ticket. Normally I find one tactic that works and just roll with it, but I find I need to tinker a lot on this, depending on the opponent, and players I'm rotating in to the team.

I dived in with Bayern to get to grips with it, though I binned Lewandowski, Robben, Ribery and Alonso from the off. I won the league and Champions League in the first season, but struggled for the first month or so, trying to get a possession tactic to work. I sacked it off and just went direct. 4-2-4, Alaba and Bellerin at full back, Coman and Costa outwide. Stupid amounts of pace. Rarely ever got more than 50% possession, but it tore everyone apart. Muller scored 51 goals in 50 games. Never got injured, or too tired to play the next game.

I'll give it another season with Bayern, defend the Champions League, then take a step down for something tougher. I fancy trying to rebuild AC Milan. They finished in the bottom half at the end of the 15/16 season.

Or I might try to land the United job. LvG got sacked half way through the year after hovering around 8th. Simeone came in, and dragged them down even further. They finished 14th. The squad seems undervalued compared to real life. Somehow it hasn't got Smalling rated as the best centre back on earth. Game must be broken.

Edited by Soda van Jerk