aberdeen-music

Remember Your Bags!!!

Improved Thinker

You've done a shit job of this so far Cool Thinker.

Notice how you missed out the part where I said I am not leaving just stepping back. I am stepping back by just posting in this public information announcement due to a change in law. I don't made threads alot and I have not made one on the General Discussion forum for over a year. I am also bowing out from Digital Spy.

Edited by Improved Thinker

Suffered some serious bag-gate nonsense today.

I ordered some items from Argos' self serve machine (just a bunch of lizzy duke necklaces for a Saturday night out), the machine prompts you at the end to declare how many bags you will need so they can add it on to your total. All fine at this point and I order 4 bags in case I need one for each item, heck I mean 20p and on a business account so I'll claim it back in tax, I'm fucking insane like that.

Anyway I get to the pick up point and start shovelling items into my van (these were real big lizzy duke items, solid 9ct plated stuff). And after a couple of trips I had only used one bag. I returned to the counter to get my final item and prepare to leave.

Then all hell breaks loose. The woman at the counter starts getting into a panic demanding I take the extra 3 bags I paid for. I really didn't want them and told her to just give them away. She nearly had a nervous breakdown, snatched my receipt and retrieved a manager saying I needed to be refunded 15p. I am getting pretty irate at this point, but I can't leave because she is holding my receipt. As the manager comes over she is getting furious with me, demanding I take a refund. In her anger she makes the error I was waiting for and places down my receipt. I grabbed it, said to her "I've paid for the bags, they are my bags, now just put them in the fucking recycling bin" She claimed this would be illegal! I reiterated I owned the bags, the manager starting pissing himself laughing and I walked out covered in the finest gold plated chain this side of China.

Sadly a totally true story,

The end.

Ps: I won

• Upvote 7

Well lets just say that if I did the same I would lose my job and if a little shop did it that could put them out of business so why do co-op think they can get away with it. Carrier bags are extremely bad for the environment and that is why it is a government priority around the world just like the smoking ban.

1. No you wouldn't.

2. No they wouldn't

3. No they arent

4. No it isn't

5. Neither is that

• Upvote 1

1. No you wouldn't.

2. No they wouldn't

3. No they arent

4. No it isn't

5. Neither is that

1. True

2. Depends on local authority inforcement

3. They are actually, recycling potential is very low (if anything at all) and their reuse potential is limited at the grade of plastic that is used on standard shopping carriers

4. The Scottish Government have quite a strong Environmental policy and reduction of waste to landfill is very high up that list. Priority, maybe not, high degree of focus definitely

5. True

1. No you wouldn't.

2. No they wouldn't

3. No they arent

4. No it isn't

5. Neither is that

If you think the fact that a single supermarket store giving away over 700,000,000 bags a year is not important then you can go fuck yourself. Also us being killed by Ebola and ISIS is inevitable there is nothing we can do about that.

Edited by Improved Thinker

I didn't say it wasn't important. I said that it wasn't a global government priority.

And that plastic bags are a minor environmental hazard when compared with other things.

I'll also add that the likelihood of a single store giving away 700 million carrier bags a year is not very high.

You would be better sticking to bus times and what's on at the cinema - you're not suited for debate..........

I didn't say it wasn't important. I said that it wasn't a global government priority.

And that plastic bags are a minor environmental hazard when compared with other things.

I'll also add that the likelihood of a single store giving away 700 million carrier bags a year is not very high.

You would be better sticking to bus times and what's on at the cinema - you're not suited for debate..........

Oh and who the fuck are you?

I am colb.

Able to light heartedly debate the environmental impact of plastic bags AND effortlessly work in references to squirrels

Also, bus services 17, 18 & 19 are affected by a diversion caused by the closure of St. Andrews Street - this will last until the 23rd of November.

And, The Maze Runner is on @ Cineworld Union Square - 1545, 1830, 2115.

Being Cool Thinker = total piece of piss :)

Edited by colb
  • Upvote 1