aberdeen-music

Remember Your Bags!!!

Improved Thinker

Surely the whole point is to encourage reusable and recyclable bags, so why would you be charged for bags made from paper and starch?

Despite being a renewable resource, paper bags use a lot more energy to manufacture than plastic, also less energy efficient in transit and are less reusable than plastic. They also release methane when land filled.

I'm in favour of that. I've got a buttload of bags-for-life.

However, it's a pain when you shop online and you're told by the delivery boy "Sorry, there was no bags". Those delivery boys are always in a rush. Usually because they don't like to actually park up, and they tend to just block the road, so they end up just throwing your food at you before scurrying off to resolve the road blockage they've caused. I imagine there'll be more of that to come now.

see if you order a chinese, do they add the cost of the bag to the order at the end?, do you deduct it from the tip you give to the driver. do you ask not to get bag? do they have the carrier bag surcharge on justeat.com 

I NEED TO KNOW!

at our place of work we have just decided to not give out bags , no risk of being caught out if we have none to provide.

I'll bet the United states of Poland produces enough bag - related waste to make this gesture a drop in the ocean.

It's insane here - you buy a coffee and you get it double bagged with a slab of napkins, 3 straws, 10 stirrers and 5 packets of ketchup. It drives me nuts but it's so ingrained in people here. Everyone uses kitchen roll like it's going out of fashion too.

Still, there's something hyper-commital about having a bag-FOR-LIFE