aberdeen-music

For Sale: 70's LP Deluxe

KSJ81

Here goes...

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this guitar and I've decided to move it on as It really does not get the use it deserves.

Early 1975 Les Paul Deluxe in Cherry sunburst (dated from pots, serial number and neck type). All original bar the jack socket plate which has been replaced. 3 piece pancake body, mahogany neck, original hard case. There are signs of its age on the reverse of the body (buckle rash) and a couple of chips on the headstock. but the finish on the front is in very good condition. 

I will provide more info/ pics on request. If you are genuinely interested in this guitar then please PM me to discuss a price, arrange a time to try it out etc.

Thanks 

Kev

LP2_zps0388c492.jpg

Looks like my old one. 72/73?

I thought around that age but the pots are dated last week of 74 and the serial number matches the pattern of the 74-76 in both numbers and the oval decal its set in. The pick up covers had gibson embossed on the earlier deluxes too. They moved to using maple necks in 75 until 82 I think so know its no younger than early 75 due to the mahogany neck. LP's of the Norlin era are notoriously difficult to date.

Plays Like a dream and deserves more use than I give it!!