aberdeen-music

Guitar amp advice

meiklejohn

Form what you've said,  I think your only real option is to go and try some out  and on that basis I reckon you have to bite the bullet and make some time to travel to a decent sized shop that has a good selection available. Glasgow as mentioned would be a good bet... 

Unless of course you can persuade members on here to let you try out their amps. I'd let you have a go on my vox but its only an AC4 so probably not big enough for your needs...

Cant be any harm in asking!  

There is a guy in Edinburgh currently selling a matchless avalon 30 and has dropped the starting price to 650. That's just a stupid price for a 2k amp. I want it so bad.

You should do as everyone says and try shit out. Tubemeister 36, victory v30, egnater rebel 30, orange th30, vox ac30, blackstar ht40. Remember an amp like the blackstar and egnater like I have include a feature to mix tubes so I can have a fender clean set up with tubes on 6l6 then when using overdrive channel switch to el84 tubes. Best of both worlds and the blackstar is the same with the isf knob.

• 2 weeks later...