aberdeen-music

Looking to buy a Turntable - Recommendations?

Jari87

I'm on the lookout for a record player but I'm not really sure where to start and I don't want to take a punt on something online.  A friend has pointed out Holburn H-Fi, which I will be checking out this weekend, but I was just wondering if anyone here could recommend one?

I used to have a pro-ject and it was pretty good. The only pain in the arse was having to remove to pallet and change the gear for switching between 33 and 45 - not an easy task when you're cunted and the party is in full swing.

You can get phono to line converters if you just want to plug into a hi-fi aux or a cheap dj mixer will do the same job - check if you already have a phono input on your system though.

I'd personally go for a Technics 1210 as they're bomb proof and still sound good. if it's just for listening to records though you could probably get something cheaper as the direct drive won't really be an issue and you'd get away with belt driven.

• 2 weeks later...