aberdeen-music

Charity music night.

Moon Moon

Good stuff, you seem to have the bases covered.

150w should be ok for the size your playing at, if your really worried hire a few DI boxes from Toms and have the bass amp lined into the PA.

Do you have an engineer to work the PA for the night? Or at least someone who knows what they are doing with one?

we have DI boxes already but it's just one big one. If it goes ahead I'll need to speak to captain tom anyway about us hiring out a cab or two. And maybe borrowing someone signed by fat hippy records.

Good plan, getting a FHR artist would be a good idea if you can get one along. Tom may help you out in places as well if you need it.

Seems like you have it all in place outwith the bands, again best of luck with it.

yeah I was hoping if we promoted captain toms a bit as our sponsor he may be kind and let us borrow a cab or two free.

Currently I'm planning this on my own as I'm the only one In the group who has current knowledge in this area and has the right friends.

Cheers again Milner.

I would say to make sure you triple check everything.

I remember doing a gig at the forum where we were told we could use the house system, but they neglected to tell us the mixing desk was away for repair.

We managed to borrow an old one from drummonds but you don't want to be rushing around on the day trying to source bits of gear.

And make sure the band's are comitted to it. You don't want them pulling out cos of a better offer or something.

Finally. Its been years since I did any live sound but if you are struggling for someone to work the desk I'll help if I'm available.

Good luck.

We have our own desk but gav said if he could do it he may bring his own desk. As for gear if it does go ahead I'll be right on to captain tom to see what deal we could come too. What do you think people would prefer, maybe one head and cab and a combo amp? As far as I'm aware everything else is sorted if it does go ahead. We have 2 bands already up for doing it, we need two or 3 more. I'm trying to get;

Daniel mutch

Uniform

And I don't know why but I think the marionettes would go down really well.

• 2 weeks later...