aberdeen-music

anyone want to start a band

thomas

Anyone keen on starting a band with me?

I'm a decent guitarist into RHCP led zeppelin jimi hendrix the doors T-Rex Velvet Underground Mars Volta etc etc.

I have some material written in midi form and a couple of shit Mp3's.

Keen to start a band based on jamming with other competent musicians, anyone considered though.

• 2 weeks later...

yo thomas, its johnathan, lets start a band that has the most craziest sound ever, ok , you know im mostly into heavy fast hardcore stuff, but you probably also know im a big doors fan and i like zppelin etc too, you mentioned pissed to me before that you would really like to jam and play more heavy stuff than you were used to or sumthin like that

how cool would a band be that was like one minute really mellow with weird vocals and cool basslines like the doors etc and experimental guitar sounds, then like next minute like full on hardcore with cool blast beats n shit,

listen to "the dillinger escape plan" - the beautiful mistake, then listen to the doors - la woman, then try to imagine them both being like prat of the same song and realise that it would be the coolest idea for a band ever, or on the other hand the shittest thing ever, but it would least be totally experimental

I'd easy hae a jam we you Johnathan, but dinna expect me ti tune doon ti A and stuff. infact I probably would bide at concert tunin ti piss u aff. I have never hard of One Minute but I quite like the Doors, i like experimental ie Mars Volta and I've heard a lot of realy good heavy jams. The trick to get a really good sounding heavy riff is to bide in concert tuning (normal tuning -EADGBE) tuning down just to sound heavier is lame, writing something aggressive sounding in normal tuning takes a lot more skill.

one minute isnt a band, what i meant was like for a while its will sound kinda like the doors slow mellow and trippy then build ups and shit until its really fucking heavy songs then like slow trippy break downs again , lots and loads of time signature changes , a totally unpredicatable sound, totally origianl like no ones seen before and people go what the fuck, its just ideas in my head that i often think sound cool

um might concert tuning might be fine really, if you can make it sound extreme.

i dont play guitar that much so i dont know if it would work that well for playing strange dillenger styled screechy chords, listen to some dillenger escape plan and johnny truant or sum stuff like that and understand what i mean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes Please ! Dying to get gigging again!!!

Hi Thomas! I would like to get a jam going, see what comes out of it.

I like all kinds of music; Zep, Doors, but love Joy Division U2 and early REM b4 they got bland. I am an excellent singer (thats what I've been told honest!) and play rythym guitar, I write lyrics and tunes too but I need a serious shit hot lead guitarist, a good hard banging drummer and a bassist like Hookie from New Order /JD

Currently listening to Bloc Party, Interpol, Mercury Rev but into all forms of rock, indie alternative, anything decent but draw the line @ dance bollox!

catch me on dexter@cooper3418.fsnet.co.uk if interested?

Cheers!

:band::band::band::band::cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...