aberdeen-music

The Aberdeen music scene?

brettthain1

Only newbies that come along and start spouting shite. We're still trying to get moon moon to start posting some stuff worth having around. On the plus side, at least you haven't closed threads you started, deleted posts making threads make no sense and hounded out our font of local knowledge (R.I.P Cool Thinker). Once you've had a hissy fit and publicly quit the board, only to come back as a new user and sold all your gear, only to try and buy it back, will you be anywhere near the annoying level of moon moon, we only keep him around due to the fact every family has one nutter, and he's ours.

What's your opinion of poker chips in guitars?

Nah I'm not on the same level of annoyance as moon moon. And I've not been on this board for long but I have heard of moon moons notorious moments!

I'd sure love to hear some of this commercial-x-factor-chart-pish-teenage-screamo-too-many-indie-arctic-kaiser-monkeys-wannabe-8pounds-for-a-local-band-in-lava-punx-what-is-it-gbol-can't-make-it-in-aberdeen-hollister-core music that someone makes a thread about every 6 months or so

PS at Musical Vision the other night while we were playing vintage country in room 5, somebody was playing melodic rock with a vaguely Rubber Soul era Beatles feel in room 4.

Maybe the classy musicians all know that Musical Vision with its fine selection of valve amps is the place to be?

PS at Musical Vision the other night while we were playing vintage country in room 5, somebody was playing melodic rock with a vaguely Rubber Soul era Beatles feel in room 4.

Maybe the classy musicians all know that Musical Vision with its fine selection of valve amps is the place to be?

Vintage country - sounds like a cover band. What's the difference between that and kids playing Jake Bugg or Arctic Monkeys songs?

Original songs written in a vintage stylee.

If you take a trip to Nashville you'll discover what they call "new country". But it won't be a long trip.

We do some choice covers too, but I take it as a compliment that your typical Aberdeen punter doesn't differenciate between a song written by me driving to work or a song written by Jack Clement in 1958.

Original songs written in a vintage stylee.

If you take a trip to Nashville you'll discover what they call "new country". But it won't be a long trip.

We do some choice covers too, but I take it as a compliment that your typical Aberdeen punter doesn't differenciate between a song written by me driving to work or a song written by Jack Clement in 1958.

I only asked what you meant by vintage, thanks for the lesson in country music though....and the condescension.

Classy as fuck.

Edited by colb

Don't take the moral highground please after your even more condescending "cover band" assumption.

Feel free to review what you wrote. If you had "only asked what you meant by vintage" your post would have read, "what do you mean by vintage?", but you didn't, you attempted to add negative connotations.

Then came back and added a "witty" rejoinder to your second post when it came to you a couple of minutes later. Bravo.

Don't take the moral highground please after your even more condescending "cover band" assumption.

Feel free to review what you wrote. If you had "only asked what you meant by vintage" your post would have read, "what do you mean by vintage?", but you didn't, you attempted to add negative connotations.

Then came back and added a "witty" rejoinder to your second post when it came to you a couple of minutes later. Bravo.

Actually I took out a bit calling you a cunt x x

I don't think there's anything wrong with being in a cover band. Any negative connotations about that are coming from you.

You classy musicians are pretty fucking prickly.....

• Upvote 1

I found it quite offensive actually apart from the family part but Brett ain't quite there yet.

I don't intend on being on your level of 'what the fuck!?' I'm loving how my arrogance has revelled up everybody! It's crazy!

At least you've impressed yourself.

Look up the world 'revelled' and come back to us with a meaning.

Why are the Arctic Monkeys getting used as the example for shite teenage cover bands?

I think because every cunt covers them. And the 2 bands I've been in before the one I'm in now turned to listening to them non-stop and became stuck up their own arses. I'm not a fan of them. I can tolerate listening to them though!

Edited by brettthain1