aberdeen-music

The Aberdeen music scene?

brettthain1

Moon Moon hates it when a bigger troll steals his thunder, and then brandishes the "think before you write on here" line, after the limitless shite he's waffled. Incredible.

Do we need to talk about 'the scene'? It's fine. Scene is good.

Let's just let Brett and Moon Moon continue battling it out for the Unprecedented Bellend Award.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 2

I'm serious, I've saw the effects of alcohol personally, my sister is a recovering alcoholic. She still to this day attends barnardos for support. That's why I'm serious and haven't touched a drink in quite a while.

Is that the same sister you posted a photo of in a bar/club a while ago?

You actually want my thoughts? OK. I think that you don't try hard enough to find the music you seek, because in my experience, it's way more varied in Aberdeen than the rather dismal picture you paint in your thread opener. Last Saturday I played at Drummonds with FaR in a lineup with an indie band and an electronica duo. Then I went to see some friends in their soul covers band for a bit. The week before I was at a new venture - an opera night, kinda like an opera's greatest hits. There's all types of music out there for those willing to seek it out.

Hell, in my opinion it's more varied than what you describe at Toms.

Sort of regret asking you that now! Fuck man!

The Aberdeen 'scene' is actually fairly diverse. There are plenty of electronic/dancey type bands, heavy metal, sleazy rock, indie pop, experimental stuff, acoustic loveliness, rappers, punk and a lot of shite.

Plenty if you actually looked.

Got to look harder I guess. Aberdeen's a shit city for musical success. It's ashame!

• Downvote 1

Sort of regret asking you that now! Fuck man!

Why? He's given you a list of genres and bands.

Got to look harder I guess. Aberdeen's a shit city for musical success. It's ashame!

"Aberdeen's a shit city for musical success." - what on earth do you mean? How do you define 'success'?

Didn't ask for your opinion, sir. Sit back down.

You asked the forum as a whole for an opinion on the Aberdeen music scene. Which, by the way, is fucking miles ahead of many cities much larger than Aberdeen.

Moon Moon hates it when a bigger troll steals his thunder, and then brandishes the "think before you write on here" line, after the limitless shite he's waffled. Incredible.

Do we need to talk about 'the scene'? It's fine. Scene is good.

Let's just let Brett and Moon Moon continue battling it out for the Unprecedented Bellend Award.

I'm only being a bellend because it's funny how I've managed to insult the users on here. You lot don't like it when a newbie comes along?

I'm only being a bellend because it's funny how I've managed to insult the users on here. You lot don't like it when a newbie comes along?

Only newbies that come along and start spouting shite. We're still trying to get moon moon to start posting some stuff worth having around. On the plus side, at least you haven't closed threads you started, deleted posts making threads make no sense and hounded out our font of local knowledge (R.I.P Cool Thinker). Once you've had a hissy fit and publicly quit the board, only to come back as a new user and sold all your gear, only to try and buy it back, will you be anywhere near the annoying level of moon moon, we only keep him around due to the fact every family has one nutter, and he's ours.

What's your opinion of poker chips in guitars?

Only newbies that come along and start spouting shite. We're still trying to get moon moon to start posting some stuff worth having around. On the plus side, at least you haven't closed threads you started, deleted posts making threads make no sense and hounded out our font of local knowledge (R.I.P Cool Thinker). Once you've had a hissy fit and publicly quit the board, only to come back as a new user and sold all your gear, only to try and buy it back, will you be anywhere near the annoying level of moon moon, we only keep him around due to the fact every family has one nutter, and he's ours.

What's your opinion of poker chips in guitars?

Moon Moon is going to take this as a massive compliment and be even more annoying for a few days - cheers min!!

Didn't ask for your opinion, sir. Sit back down.

Are you fucking stupid? Or just really forgetful?

So what's your views on the music of the mighty 'deen? That's my opinion, there are no right or wrong opinions here. Just wanted to hear other peoples thoughts!

My main point was suggesting that you go to gigs and search out for bands that you might like. What do you listen to? There are tonnes of bands that people on this forum could recommend based on your interests.

Also, I'm currently sitting down, just so you know.