aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Moon Moon

Racism in Aberdeen

think about this. It was 2 years ago that I was only allowed to use Facebook

I've thought about it. It seems absurd that you were only allowed to use Facebook at that time.

That's my bad! I'm using an iPhone!

I seen that you edited yours? Typo as well? I'm no grammar police!

I edited to correct which order I had meet/meat. I admit I used a tool to help me form coherent sentences.

I think the auto-correct must be broken on my phone, whenever I use it I still have the ability to proof read what I've written and not sound like a stupid cunt.

LOL. I approve this post.

Regarding the Halal meat scaremongering that goes on (and lets not mince our words, it is Daily Mailtastic scaremongering):

"FSA estimates suggest that 88% of animals in the UK killed by halal methods were stunned beforehand in a way that many Muslims find religiously acceptable."

"In non-halal slaughterhouses, stunned animals are shackled and hoisted above the ground where a slaughterman "sticks" them, cutting their throat or inserting a chest stick close to the heart. Cattle and some sheep and pigs are stunned by a bolt through the brain before being killed."

From http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/may/08/what-does-halal-method-animal-slaughter-involve

Doesn't sound that different, and I can imagine that if 88% of animals killed by halal methods are currently being stunned then that number will probably rise. Plus there are methods us 'civilised' Westerners have come up with for stunning animals pre-slaughter that have been banned for being less humane than some forms of non-stunning slaughter.

As to 'Jews not complaining', that's probably because there are smaller numbers of Jewish people in the UK who keep kosher as opposed to Muslims who stick to a halal diet. I imagine if you go to areas with higher concentrations of kosher-keeping jewish people then you'll find restaurants and shops will advertise what is and isn't kosher. Plus if you're being really strict, the Jewish form of animal slaughter doesn't allow the animal to be stunned at all. Only a small percentage of Muslims complain about animals being stunned prior to slaughter.

Plus, from the wikipedia page on Halal: !This method of slaughtering animals consists of using a well-sharpened knife to make a swift, deep incision that cuts the front of the throat, the carotid artery, windpipe, and jugular veins to cause the least amount of suffering to the animal."

And from the RSPCA site, backing up the Guardian article: http://www.rspca.org.uk/ImageLocator/LocateAsset?asset=document&assetId=1232719611043&mode=prd

If you're going to be against it, do some more rounded reading first.

So yeah, pretty much what I said but shortened aye?

• Downvote 1

I think the auto-correct must be broken on my phone, whenever I use it I still have the ability to proof read what I've written and not sound like a stupid cunt.

Didn't even read back what I just wrote on this one. Am I arrested, officer?

• Downvote 1

Not even atheist at all! I just don't follow a religion... Music's my religion! Hahaha! Although I guess atheists believe that when you die, that's it. I don't know what happens, does that make me agnostic atheist?

So I take it you don't give or receive Christmas presents, don't eat easter eggs and offer to work easter and Christmas as you are non religious?

the local costcutter have heaps of polish foodstuffs, but no white puddings to go with my mince.

it is mildly annoying that a Pakistani run shop caters more for Eastern European food preferences that either their own far eastern delights or some Scottish favorites.

is this racist?

Simple supply and demand my friend. Would you stock a pile of British made Austin Maestro parts instead of German Audi or Beamer?

• Upvote 1

Sup Moon Moon, the subway thing you're a tad but wrong about. It's the Muslims that are offended that subway don't sell Halal meet. Halal meet is pretty much slice a cows throat and wait until it dies a slow and horrible death. So they are yet again trying to take over the UK (they have even admitted that they want to on a BBC three programme in camera!). It's funny because you don't see the Jews taking offence!

If you think in racist? I'm not. I believe that religion is what's making this world f***** up and the Muslims don't really help themselves at times, not that they are all tied under the same brush. It's those (what do you call them?) extreme religious people. Where as if you aren't Muslim yourself, they wish you a slow trip to the burning gates to hell... Which I don't really give a s*** about because I'm not religious and don't see the point of setting morals based on what's on a bedtime story book. Not that I hate religion, I used to think of religion at school as being a community of people who seek moral guidance and sets themselves a good and happy life. Now, it's all about arrogance and using 'god' as an excuse to start crimes and give off a 'reasonable excuse' to murder a British soldier in the streets and attempt to be-head him in front if the viewing public!

is the opposite of:

Regarding the Halal meat scaremongering that goes on (and lets not mince our words, it is Daily Mailtastic scaremongering):

"FSA estimates suggest that 88% of animals in the UK killed by halal methods were stunned beforehand in a way that many Muslims find religiously acceptable."

"In non-halal slaughterhouses, stunned animals are shackled and hoisted above the ground where a slaughterman "sticks" them, cutting their throat or inserting a chest stick close to the heart. Cattle and some sheep and pigs are stunned by a bolt through the brain before being killed."

From http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/may/08/what-does-halal-method-animal-slaughter-involve

Doesn't sound that different, and I can imagine that if 88% of animals killed by halal methods are currently being stunned then that number will probably rise. Plus there are methods us 'civilised' Westerners have come up with for stunning animals pre-slaughter that have been banned for being less humane than some forms of non-stunning slaughter. 

As to 'Jews not complaining', that's probably because there are smaller numbers of Jewish people in the UK who keep kosher as opposed to Muslims who stick to a halal diet. I imagine if you go to areas with higher concentrations of kosher-keeping jewish people then you'll find restaurants and shops will advertise what is and isn't kosher. Plus if you're being really strict, the Jewish form of animal slaughter doesn't allow the animal to be stunned at all. Only a small percentage of Muslims complain about animals being stunned prior to slaughter.

Plus, from the wikipedia page on Halal: !This method of slaughtering animals consists of using a well-sharpened knife to make a swift, deep incision that cuts the front of the throat, the carotid artery, windpipe, and jugular veins to cause the least amount of suffering to the animal."

And from the RSPCA site, backing up the Guardian article: http://www.rspca.org.uk/ImageLocator/LocateAsset?asset=document&assetId=1232719611043&mode=prd

If you're going to be against it, do some more rounded reading first.

You: "Halal meet is pretty much slice a cows throat and wait until it dies a slow and horrible death."

Me (and Wikipedia)This method of slaughtering animals consists of using a well-sharpened knife to make a swift, deep incision that cuts the front of the throat, the carotid artery, windpipe, and jugular veins to cause the least amount of suffering to the animal.

See that bit in bold that I specifically highlighted? See the part where I said that the vast majority of animals to be slaughtered in the Halal fashion are stunned beforehand like they are with non-Halal slaughter? That pretty much refutes your baseless claim that Halal slaughter is ipso facto a 'slow and horrible' death for the animal.

Besides that, the rest of the points you make sound like a poorly proof-read and hastily cobbled together comment on a Daily Mail/The Sun/Daily Record/whatever tabloid you fancy article talking about how the Muslims with their Islamic Ray Guns are going to have us all kneeling to Allah by 2018. IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.

Too long? What I said is in no way a version of what you said. Not in the slightest.

• Upvote 2

So I take it you don't give or receive Christmas presents, don't eat easter eggs and offer to work easter and Christmas as you are non religious?

Christmas is nothing but a stunt for retail businesses to not go bust. Yeah I celebrate christmas, in an atheist like way. Family round, exchange gifts, caring sort. And work? I'm forced to work during the holidays as I unfortunately work in retail.

I think most people recognise that the concept of Christmas as a non-religious entity is fine. Boy's still a touch on the racisty/ignorant side though.

• Upvote 4

Has anyone got one of those flashing mind-eraser things from Men in Black? I'd like to erase some of this thread's rampant dipshittery from my memory.

Where are the angry mods when you need them?

Lock this thread. Delete it, burn it to the ground. Ban anyone who ever mentions it again. Ban everyone whose name begins with moonmoo.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Of course you can celebrate christmas in a non-rebellious way. It's bizarre to suggest you can't. 

What are you not rebelling about?

I think it was more that I typed it badly and then right clicked to choose the correct spelling but must have chosen the wrong one. 

I'm not falling back on the moonmoon defence.

I think some of the comments on here n regard to how you qualify to live in Britain are quite insightful; I had no idea the test was so difficult.

What I find particularly painful is the way in which the thread came about in the first place and the poor quality of the arguments being made that have formed the 'dialogue' between MM and BT. They have also been extremely rash in their judgements made in reply to comments by others. I can normally just ignore these things but I think they should remember with a multi cultural global society that has access to this web-site there's a chance of seriously offending some people whose beliefs are being analysed here in a rather ignorant fashion.

Moonmoon and brettthain1, wise the fuck up.

Yeah, the last time I asked Siri to do something it told me to "shut the fuck up, honky," so I'm pretty amazed these dudes were able to convince it to form sentences for them.

• Upvote 1