aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Weeeeeeeeee, that was shite.

The absolute definition of a "European hangover" performance from Aberdeen. Started okay, but it became clear quite quickly that the players couldn't maintain any kind of pressure at all. By the end they were letting men run with the ball, not moving towards the ball, giving United loads of space: really basic stuff. 

Taylor looked awful, poor lad. Very solid in the air, but he was culpable for the first and I believe that it was his lack of closing down that led to the third. Goodwillie looked completely gutless in the first half and all.

Shout-outs to Willie Collum. What a plum. 

It was incredible that Hearts managed to get a win. They looked hilariously bad at the back. Rangers should have had 3 or 4 in the first half.

Horribly pro-Rangers commentary on Sky as well. They even started making stuff up. The commentator described Neil Alexander as a "UEFA Cup winner" at Rangers. When did that happen?

Stuff on Twitter suggesting that Javi Martinez is out for the season after getting injured in the DFB Supercup thingy. Not good if true. He's great cover for CB and CM, and they've already lost Kroos from midfield too. I think Thiago is still out for another month or so as well. Shame Thiago just can't stay fit. He looks immense when he plays, but he's got legs like Owen Hargreaves.

I bet they just step in for Vidal, place a bid and saunter off with him in the same day. None of this 3 months fannying about that United have been doing.

He's got mushy knees n'all. Footballers are all soft nowadays.