aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

We seem to lose a good left back a season at the moment, first Dixon then Douglas now Robertson. Hopefully we'll invest in some quality players with the Gauld and Robertson cash but other than Spittal and that lad from Sevco I'm not inspired by the signings so far.

I don't know anything about the two CBs we signed but it must be better than what we had last season.  Gunning was a walking red card and we were completely lacking in depth at CB.

I agree those two signings look good and largely the squad from last season is still there.  GMS needs a good season and Armstrong can keep improving and add more goals.  Squad isn't terrible but it looks thin to me.

Hey guys, take this Arab chat to dundee-music.com a'ight? ;)

How's Souttar getting on? He seemed to struggle about in games against Aberdeen last season, not seen enough of him in other games to judge. Is Ciftci still there?

I think Souttar looks good, inexperienced though and could do with someone more experienced of a good level of ability playing beside him to improve his game. Like Cap 'Murica said Gunning was fairly gung-ho as defenders go and Souttar looked shaky with the added responsibility. Ciftci is still with us, Aidan Connelly looks good too, might well walk into the Gauld role this season.

Hey guys, take this Arab chat to dundee-music.com a'ight? ;)

How's Souttar getting on? He seemed to struggle about in games against Aberdeen last season, not seen enough of him in other games to judge. Is Ciftci still there?

Souttar looks like he'll be a star, I don't think we played well in general against you guys last season.  He's still only 17 as well so lots of talent just needs more seasons to keep improving and gain some more consistency.

Ciftci is still here, hopefully he can be as good this season as last.

Uhh so Arsenal are apparently signing Calum Chambers from Southampton so the fire sale continues.

Fee agreed and he's taken the medical today (BBC reporting it on twitter at the moment).  Not sure we need a right back... not sure he's that much better than Bellerin really.  

Jenkinson must be getting loaned or sold.

Decent signing. Chambers is very good. Can play left back too, if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps a bit of an inflated fee, but Southampton have given everyone that treatment this summer, bar Lambert I suppose.

Southampton must be a realistic relegation contender if they continue to get torn apart. Lovren is close to moving to Liverpool, and I imagine Schneiderlin will be next out of the door, who a number of a clubs will be after. I don't know much about Koeman as a coach, but he seems to have a poor reputation.

Oh I'm wrong I thought they'd tied up a defender as well.

I still dont think they're in that bad shape, they'll look to the academy for the full back replacements I think.  Tadic is to replace Lallana's creativity, Pelle to replace Lambert, Rodriguez hasn't been sold (yet!).

Lovren going is their biggest issue at the moment.  They are fucking minted as well now.  With Chambers/Lovren going they must be close to 120mill this summer?

United just beat Roma 3-2 on their pre-season tour. Winning 3-0, ran it close at the end. Pjanic scored a goal from his own half, because Ben Amos did a brainfart. Rooney scored a beaut.

Luke Shaw isn't going to walk into the side, based on performances so far. He's not been too good. Reece James has been skinning him at left back in both games. He's looked immense.

J-Rod would be an excellent signing for Liverpool IMO.

Southampton should be targeting the young English at clubs where they're struggling to get games.

The other J-Rod, Scott Sinclair, Micah Richards et al. I'm sure there are some at other clubs, not just City. Michael Dawson would be handy for them too.

Everyone reporting on the Vidal thing is coming from the original paper who reported it which is the Milan sided paper.  Doesn't mean it's not true but it could just be there to upset Juve's pre season.

Atletico getting Griezman is a great piece of business too.  Good news for Aberdeen too means he can't play against your lot?  Not sure if he was back from post world cup yet or not.

He wont be there and Vela is gonna miss both games with injury i think, which is fantastic news for us. Maybe gives us a 1 in 50 shot now, better than the 1 in 100 shot with those two playing. 

Todders is going to be bouncing next week if we come away with a result on thursday that at least gives us a chance of going through.