aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Never mind the strap. No-one looks cool playing a Gibson Explorer in this day and age.

Explorers are badass. In this day and age, and forevermore.

Celtic have announced they will be introducing safe-standing at Parkhead

http://www.celticfc.net/news/8420

Great news for them, and I hope it takes off elsewhere. Sitting down at football matches is the worst.

Explorers are badass. In this day and age, and forevermore.

Celtic have announced they will be introducing safe-standing at Parkhead

http://www.celticfc.net/news/8420

Great news for them, and I hope it takes off elsewhere. Sitting down at football matches is the worst.

I disagree. No part of me wants to stand up for two hours for any reason whatsoever. Sport, concerts, drinking, nothin'. 

• Upvote 1

I freaking love a seat at a gig these days. Unreserved seating FTW!

I was turned on to seating by my girlfriend who is 4 foot 10 and can't see anything but people's backs if we get standing tickets. It's my first choice now. Definitely the superior way to watch bands. Sit down, jacket aff, nip back and forth to the bar easy. Peachy.

Edited by Lemonade Sparkle

But at a football match, don't you hate that constant sitting down and standing up everytime the ball comes towards the final third? It's like doing squats for an hour and a half. Every game I've ever been to, I don't think I've ever had a clear view of a goal, ever. I've always been in the middle of standing up, because everyone around me is beginning to stand up.

Safe standing, for the win.

I'm excited about the standing option. I don't like the squatting either. When I used to go to Church I'd stand the whole time, too. I'd heckle the altar boys, scream "WHAT THE FUCKING HELL ARE YOU" at the candles, that sort of thing.

God then cut his losses, and my faith went entirely.

But yeah. Safe standing.

But at a football match, don't you hate that constant sitting down and standing up everytime the ball comes towards the final third? It's like doing squats for an hour and a half. Every game I've ever been to, I don't think I've ever had a clear view of a goal, ever. I've always been in the middle of standing up, because everyone around me is beginning to stand up.

Safe standing, for the win.

A problem which could be easily solved if everyone just fucking sat down like they're meant to. 

I'm annoyed that despite having two ends of the ground to choose from on Sunday I don't have a ticket for either. Sad face tear emoticon.

Well this story has changed since Tuesday. My mate won a competition and now as well as having a ticket in the Ireland end I'm walking on to the pitch before the match dressed in a green jacket and carrying a giant Ireland shirt. So watch out for me on the telly pretending to be Irish   :eek:

EDIT - also it's on Saturday.

Well this story has changed since Tuesday. My mate won a competition and now as well as having a ticket in the Ireland end I'm walking on to the pitch before the match dressed in a green jacket and carrying a giant Ireland shirt. So watch out for me on the telly pretending to be Irish   :eek:

EDIT - also it's on Saturday.

Please wear a full Scotland kit underneath your green jacket and 'go rogue' once you're on the pitch, ripping your jacket off initially, followed by your trousers, whatever and running around in circles.

What have you got to lose?

• Upvote 2

The transfer window has opened now though has it not? That's when I class it as the end of the season. That or when Mark Reynolds decides to finally take a break.

I don't think clubs can register players until 1st July though.

Anyhoo, I think post CL Final is ok if there isn't a major international tournment on through the summer.