aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Why is there so much media attention over Gerrard's final Premier League game at Anfield anyway? Apparently tickets are changing hands for thousands. Lunatics.

City vs Southampton will also be Lampard's final Premier League game, but that has not been mentioned by anyone. And also, you know, Lampard was/is better than Gerrard.

Sky Sports have brought back Player Cam for this game only, so you can watch 90 minutes of just Steven Gerrard.

He got a guard of honour and everything. He's not even retiring. He's leaving for another club.

It's pretty much the first ever competitive testimonial match. History is made.

• Upvote 1

The entire first team are out wearing Gerrard shirts.

11234863_10155518650780371_2361005007210

I don't think any player has ever had a more ridiculous send-off. Sky Sports commentator signed off with "You'll never walk alone". What a pantomime.

Aye, but he was SO LOYAL!!!!!! ONE CLUB MAN!!!!!!!! NEVA WALK ALONE

... apart from the time he tried to sign for Chelsea. 

Not looking forward to Super Duper Relegation Sunday on Sky Sports this weekend. In 2008/09, when we were in a very similar situation, I went to the park with my mates instead of watching the games, then came home to find out we'd been relegated by a Damien Duff own goal. I think I'm going to face it like a man this time. The club truly deserves to go down, and there's no chance we're going to beat West Ham. We're just a god awful football team at the moment and Sam absolutely loves playing against us, so I can't see anything other than a W'Ham victory.

Fortunately, I don't think Hull will beat United. Van Gaal doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd put-out a weakened team, Hull haven't beaten a top four side all season, they've never won a Premier League game in May... 

Despite this, I'm not confident at all that we won't go down. I know the chances are quite slim, but it just feels inevitable for whatever reason.

• Upvote 1

Hull are toilet. They'll get nothing. Even with David De Gea injured, United could just skip the goalkeeper and play 11 outfield players, and Hull still wouldn't score. They are just awful when they get a touch of the ball in the box.

West Ham have also ran out of steam completely. They've only won 2 in 10. They've reverted back to typical Big Sam ugliness and have a ton of injuries. Surely Newcastle are due a win? That's how it works, right?

Don't forget about Sunderland. They've got Arsenal and Chelsea away. The fixture gods have shat all over them. Two losses there, I'd imagine.

Newcastle are total cock, man. We'll get battered this weekend. Carver's actually playing Colback and Ryan Taylor as our central midfield pairing at the moment! Kouyate will literally eat those dudes, boots and all.

My head says that Hull are going to get an absolute shellacking by United, but I can't shake the horrible feeling in the gut.

Either way, it's gonna take me a lot of beers to get through this weekend.

• Upvote 1

I hope United do hand Hull's arses to them. I used to quite like Bruce, but he's becoming a moany old windbag. He's slowly going the way of Mark Hughes, who he himself has never lost a game of football through any fault of his own or his players. It's always the referee, or time wasting, or the pitch, or the elements. Bruce is starting to subscribe to that.

I also don't think he's a good manager. It doesn't seem to matter who is coaching, or the squad he has, he's always meandering pointlessly around the bottom 6. He needs to get relegated, to burst the illusion that he's a Premier League manager. Earlier in the year, Bruce was touted as a possible successor to Roy Hodgson. Blimey. United need to stick a pin in that by dicking them good. If only United had strikers to score the goals to dick them good. It'll have to be Smalling and Fellaini with a brace each. All deflected headers.

If only Sunderland AND Hull could get relegated on Sunday, and somehow spare the very likeable Burnley and the also very likeable Sean Dyche.

• Downvote 1

Big Sam absolutely loves smoking us, like. They should walk past us. His type of football is perfectly tailored to batter whatever 11 cowards we play on Sunday.

Hull are essentially a random results generator at the moment. They beat Palace and Liverpool, who were on good runs, then lost to Burnley. Can easily see them fluking one against United.

Still, a shellacking for Sunderland on Wednesday and they are right in it. If they go down, I'll be ecstatic. Used to love the derby and all the build-up/aftermath surrounding it, but what's the point when we just get beaten every single time? Get them in the fucking bin.