aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

https://vine.co/v/OQhh17a5zPB

Awesome body slam from the Worcester vs Stockport game. It wasn't even a straight red. He got a second yellow for it. The challenge before the body slam, which was pretty wild in it's own right, didn't even get a booking.

I would have said it was more a belly to back suplex, obviously wanting to get in on Rooney/Bad News Barrett organising a match http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2368469-wayne-rooney-agrees-to-team-up-with-steve-austin-and-fight-bad-news-barrett?

Southampton played well in possession, but their goal threat looked minimal. Lots of pace down the outside, but really lacking through the middle. They were undone by an unstoppable wondergoal and an unfortunate slip from a largely inexperienced player. Very fine margins.

Allen's challenge was definitely a penalty. I thought Fonte's was too, even if Carragher doesn't agree. The way his left leg swings around and wipes out Sterling was pretty reckless, regardless of his knee poking the ball away. The conditions were pretty bad, and Fonte was never in control of that slide.

At Christmas time I predicted Chelsea, City, United, +1, with Arsenal and Southampton battling for 4th. Liverpool were 11 points behind and looked awful defensively. Arsenal and Liverpool are turning it on at the right time. United have done the opposite. Spurs keep scoring in the 100th minute. I keep predicting Southampton to fall away, but they never do. Spurs' run-in looks nails. So does United's. Arsenal's looks the easiest. I don't think anyone is out of it yet, but I now predict the top 3 to be as it is, plus one of United, Liverpool, Spurs, Southampton. I think only West Ham are definitely out of it now.

I think Liverpool will pinch 4th based on current form. United are muck, especially away.

Now the media circus has died down and Cambridge United have become a nobody league two side again, our form is alarmingly bad at the moment.  A 6-2 thumping at home to Portsmouth last Saturday was beyond embarrassing.  Every single fucking Pompey goal could have been avoided but thanks to some keystone cops defending we let in goal after goal after goal.  It's even like Portsmouth are that good.  It's the nature of football that a defense can keep out the likes of Man Utd yet concede six to a fellow league two side at home! So what does Richard Money do?  Sign another fucking striker on loan!  That's 39 players we have used this season!  

On the other hand I am more confident we will stop hurtling towards the conference trapdoor as I am not going to the next couple of homes games and as the season progresses I am becoming more convinced I am a curse on the team this season.  Of the seven home defeats I have been in attendance for six of them and the three thumping wins we have endured, I have missed the lot!

Wasn't going to watch the Arsenal game last, but I flicked it on to see what the score was just as Kondogbia's shot was spinning off Mertesacker's chest. Mad result.

Monaco defended fairly well, but Arsenal really should have scored earlier than they did. Giroud should have had 2 or 3. Welbeck hammered a shot at an open net which smashed off of Walcott and over, which summed up their night.

OxCham's goal was a beaut. Shame it probably won't count for anything. I can't see Arsenal getting a 3-0 win over there. Monaco just don't concede many goals. They've only conceded 2 goals in the Champions League so far. Less than anyone else.

Twitter is a hellhole. Footballers are targeted for abuse more than anyone on there it seems.

Aston Villa played well last night, which was weird. Fabian Delph is superb. Even Cleverley had a good game. Sorcery. 

Alan Hutton is still a horrible little shit though. How does he constantly get away with assaulting opposing players? It's about time someone chinned him good. For the good of the game, someone needs to step up and be a hero, take the red card on the chin and just flatten him. Two footer, flying elbow to the face, whatever.

They've got Sunderland weekend after next. Agent Cattermole should know what to do.

It's going to be a turgid spectacle. I haven't seen Newcastle play a full 90 minutes for a while, but United are playing some harrowing stuff right now. Just really disgusting, pointless football.  I think United might nick it, but it will be by boring Newcastle into submission.

It will probably be more exciting to follow the text updates on the BBC than actually watch it.

Yeah, our football is objectively horrible as well. "Turgid" doesn't even cover it. I thought we were gonna at least be a little more fun to watch under Carver, as he'd initially appeared to take the shackles off the likes of Cabella, but he's injured now so we'll likely field two of Ameobi, Obertan and Gouffran on the wings. Riviere started up front on Saturday, and he's totally shit. It's just aimless long-balls to under-sized centre forwards at the moment. Total wank.

It'll be the worst game of the season and finish 2-0 to Man U.