aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

He has already shown flashes of it already. There is so many times he has been a great position but someone would give him a poor ball or just not pass at all. It feels like forever that I've seen The Dons play so I'm very much looking forward to Saturday.

I'm actually quite surprised by the positive appraisal of his link-up play. I'd personally say that this is one of the weakest aspects of his game: he over/under hits a staggering number of passes.

Either way, I hope he gets it together because he's clearly a very talented lad.

Yeah i dont really get the hate of Goodwillie tbh. He is a class player, great first touch and has a good footballing mind. He gets frustrated when others dont see the pass he can see, but thats a good thing, if he wasnt bothered then we would be much worse off. He is never going to be a 20 goals a season striker, but he offers a hell of a lot in his build up play. Rooney is a better finisher but id say Goodwillie was the better overall player. Still, its two great options upfront for a club like ours. 

• Upvote 1

I think my dislike is more of him as a person. Felt uneasy when he was first signed as all I knew about him were the allegations made against him. Yeah yeah, no conviction, put it aside, etc, but his attitude on the pitch has meant I haven't warmed to him since. Saturday was the first time I'd actually seen him play in the flesh (the downside of the Edinburgh teams not being in the same league this season) and felt the way he conducted himself justified my feelings on him.

I'm pretty excited to watch Newcastle this weekend. Really glad we're on the television. This feels like reconciling with a wife I never wanted to leave in the first place: it still doesn't feel totally right, and I've no idea how it's going to work-out in the long run, but it's starting to feel right again. We're still washing Pardew's stink out of the club, but it feels so fucking good knowing that he's gone and he's never coming back.

I'm very cautious about John Carver, who I don't think is head coach material, but he has my backing. I'd like to see him drop the "Bobby Robson and Gary Speed are with me in the dugout" shtick he's adopted, but his interviews are incredibly refreshing after years of Pardew's bullshit and he's clearly passionate about the club -- I'm just not sure if he can set a team out. Still, he's had a positive impact on guys like Remy Cabella and Mass Haidara, who look completely revitalised now that Pardew's gone, and his team selections show plenty of adventure. I hope he can pull it off.

Pittodrie should be fun as well. Looking forward to seeing this lad McLean in action, and County should be ideal opponents to bounce back against. I'm expecting a typical McInnes comfortable 1/2-goal win.

Excited about getting back on the horse on Saturday at home to Ross County.

McLean straight in for me:

Brown

Logan - Daniels - Reynolds - Considine

Jack - McLean

Hayes - Smith - McGinn

Rooney

Would like to see what Pawlett brings to the table from the bench, with a half hour to go or something rather than running himself tired after sixty minutes and drifting out of the game before being subbed for Cammy Smith. Smith has impacted enough in recent weeks to deserve a start in place of Goodwillie IMO.

So this basically happened, I am the best etc etc.

Impact goals from Pawlett and Goodwillie off the bench. :up:

• Upvote 1

Three brilliant second-half goals after a farty first half (cheers, Craig Thomson). Really thrilling stuff, particularly when we pulled McLean back into midfield and pushed Hayes further forward. County came to stifle and were moderately successful in the first half (barring the 'keeper...) but they couldn't touch us in the second. Angry, fired-up, post-cup exit football.

Thought Shaughnessy killed it when he came on, despite picking up his standard booking for a daft, wild challenge. Mopped everything up. Hope Double D isn't out for too long though.