aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

I thought Aberdeen were quite poor today, and the marginally better side won in the end. United were particularly superior in the first half, even if they did their business in the last 35.

Good luck to United in the final, regardless of who they play.

• Upvote 2

I thought Aberdeen were quite poor today, and the marginally better side won in the end. United were particularly superior in the first half, even if they did their business in the last 35.

Good luck to United in the final, regardless of who they play.

That's the only post I've seen anywhere so far from an Aberdeen fan that isn't clarted with sour grapes. Bravo other Phil, bravo.

It's always difficult to take a defeat in the semi, especially to United, but in the cold light of day from what I seen on my dodgy stream of red tv international United seemed to want it more in the last half hour.

The Rooney goal anywhere else on the park or indeed if the defender lays a hand on the forward it's not a foul. Unfortunately you see decisions like this given against forwards quite regularly. It will remain a point of argument

Aside from that Aberdeen had chances to kill the game at 1-0 and didn't we were also very wasteful with possession in midfield all afternoon which led to the free kick the winner came from

Both Aberdeen and United have come a long way in recent years and long may this continue. The more of a challenge Celtic are getting the better for Scottish football IMO!

Finally what was Scott brown doing at the winner? I've watched the replays for dodgy bounces and deflections but it comes off the turf as you would expect. I've come to the conclusion rightly or wrongly that he thought it was going wide! He seems to move his hands towards the ball then stop and let it run through! Very strange!!

I think in the years there it's been since there was Old Firm match people have forgotten that they were usually shite. That was a boring game. Ref fucked up a few things as well. Should have played advantage when Brown was fouled in the first half and missed a pretty blatant stamp by McCulloch near the end.

If Jack is away I'd take Fyvie for an initial six months to see what McInnes can do with him.

TBH I've not seen enough of him since he left to decide if he would be worth getting back in if Jack goes. Just doesn't sit right with me taking him back, can't blame him for chasing the dream/ money of the EPL but like I say just something about taking him back.

Regardless of my own vendetta against him I wish him no ill and I do hope he finds a club at a decent level as a footballers career is short enough without 3 years sitting on the sidelines just as you are coming into your prime. 

It does remind me of the story of the little boy who, when asked what he wanted to be when he grew up confidently said, a substitute for a premiership football team. When asked why, he explained that he would get paid a huge amount of money to have the best seat pitch side to watch the football!!! 

Not convinced Jack is going to leave. McInnes has made all the right noises about him recently and I can't seem him going until the summer at least. I think it's more likely that Robson may be allowed to leave on a free today to a club where he's more likely to get a regular game to see out his last season or so.

United are paying Anderson off to get him out of the club, and are paying Internacional to take him. Probably a wise investment. It's a shame that he seemed to piss away his enormous potential. He was excellent in his first season. Scored a penalty in the Champions League final shootout. Then 7 years of nothing.

ando0cxo.gif

United are paying Anderson off to get him out of the club, and are paying Internacional to take him. Probably a wise investment. It's a shame that he seemed to piss away his enormous potential. He was excellent in his first season. Scored a penalty in the Champions League final shootout. Then 7 years of nothing.

ando0cxo.gif

He's been at United longer than Larsson was at Celtic. Mental. That seems bizarre to me. I'm not sure why.

POSTING ONLINE!

Not too mad about GMS hopefully it means more game time for Connoly and it's 250k more than we'd get in summer.

Armstrong though has 18 months on his contract. Could easily wait till summer to sell him. I was hoping we'd get two million for him as well to be honest. Although 1.6 isn't bad, from what I've read there are heavy sell on %s as well.

I like Armstrong and hope he grows as a player but he can be streaky. Start of this season for a month or two he just wasn't showing up in games at all!

Ciftci is also banned from the final...

Sigh.

Bit annoyed at the timing of the deals in all honesty, I knew the writing was on the wall for both but I hoped they'd at least stay until the end of the season until some of the younger lads (Telfer, Spittal, Connelly etc) had a chance to ease themselves into the first team without the added pressure of being the only option.

It's going to make maintaining pressure on Celtic and Aberdeen in the league a lot more difficult and pretty much springs a damper on the Cup final. I'm hoping that the two won't (can't) play in the final for Celtic?

Ciftci will definitely be a miss.

They definitely cant play.  They're cup tied.

Like I said, selling GMS now was a good move.  If Hibs had folded and accepted our offer we could have got Scott Allen in to fill up the squad.  Sadly they didn't which was disappointing.

I'm really not happy with the timing of the Armstrong move.  I understand he wanted to move on to further his career etc etc.  However he had a year on his deal, we were going to get at least that money in summer so why not just keep him.  He has to keep playing well or he wont get a move at all and he had the chance of silverware so he wasn't going to huff too badly.

That was really poor by the club.

Other January business looked good to me, we signed Dixon back who was a great defender in his time with us and McGowan could be a good signing to fill out our pathetic defense.

We signed 3 strikers as well with one going straight back on loan so need to see how they work out.

Edited by Captain America

Yeah its strange both players would have been desperate to move, knowing they would miss a cup final. 

Strange day for the dons as well, where the hell did we come up with money for a new player from? I'm guessing one of the board has bought him. I really thought it ment Jack being sold as well. Surely summer for him leaving now?