aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

I'm glad there's somewhat of a title challenge this year, tbh.

Yeah, it's making a difference to the whole league and it can only make Celtic stronger in the long run along with the rest of the teams. As a nation we want to be making the most of the opportunities in European competitions and the gulf that has existed in previous years has made that nearly impossible. Give it 5 years and we'll have a much stronger league and national team if it keeps going the way it is now.

Of course that could all go tatties if the scum buy their way back into the Prem and throw money at the trophy before the other teams have completely closed the gap.

It really was quite similar to the Saint Johnstone match. We dominated and should have been comfortable but things started to get nervy before we finally added the second late on. The defence was excellent for the most of the match but in the 15-20 minutes before the penalty there were a few very shaky moments. Minor complaints though after such a great run of victories. 

It feels so unusual that we've won so many games in a row that I think we are surely going to drop points soon but our next two games at least look very winnable so we coul be keeping top spot for a few weeks.

I've found that a lot of Aberdeen-based Celtic supporters have a really weird chip on their shoulder about Aberdeen's recent successes. Like, I've spoken with a few who just completely dismiss Aberdeen's League Cup win, fantastic league form, lack of debt, etc. I can't really wrap my head around it. As soon as Aberdeen won the cup it was all "yeah calm down, you've not won the Champions League." It's as if they're the only club that are entitled to be successful, and other clubs making genuine progress just doesn't count.

I think this is probably because the only SPFL club that's actually been significantly hurt by "armageddon" is Celtic, and they can't accept that.

I've found that a lot of Aberdeen-based Celtic supporters have a really weird chip on their shoulder about Aberdeen's recent successes. Like, I've spoken with a few who just completely dismiss Aberdeen's League Cup win, fantastic league form, lack of debt, etc. I can't really wrap my head around it. As soon as Aberdeen won the cup it was all "yeah calm down, you've not won the Champions League." It's as if they're the only club that are entitled to be successful, and other clubs making genuine progress just doesn't count.

I think this is probably because the only SPFL club that's actually been significantly hurt by "armageddon" is Celtic, and they can't accept that.

Hmm, I've seen some of that and some of the opposite, plenty of local Celtic fans I know would prefer Aberdeen to do well than most other Premiership (SPL? Whatever it's called now) teams. I think what confused a lot of locals who don't support Aberdeen was the enormous celebrations in Union Street etc after Aberdeen's League Cup win, but Pittodrie never selling out, seemingly. Not that Celtic Park seems to sell-out often nowadays.

I'm not really sure what I'm trying to argue any more. Aberdeen being good again is fine. Just as long as they're not better. 

As for this point, I'm not sure how much armageddon has hurt us. Attendances for games against the likes of St. Mirren etc were always never as good as for "big games", that hasn't really changed since The Rangers formed. Sure, the Old Firm game is missed, but Celtic have been in the group stages and beyond in the Champions League since that lot died, I'm not sure that's a sign of "significant hurt". I think we're even paying a living wage to staff now, which is great.

Otherwise, Murr, I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Real Celtic fans don't give a fuck as they get the bigger picture.

Glory hunting Celtic fans whose only connection to the club is a Catholic great uncle or whatever get uncomfortable and dismissive because they know deep in their hearts that their decision was morally reprehensible.