aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

So whats been your top 5 moments of 2014 in terms of football?

Mines would be

1 - Dons winning the league cup

2 - Gerrard saying "this doesnt slip" in the huddle before the Chelsea game

3 - Gerrard's slip during the Chelsea game

4 - The gif of the fat scouser saying "i cant believe it" during the Crystal Palace game.

5 - That Korean girl. 

2 - Gerrard saying "this doesnt slip" in the huddle before the Chelsea game

3 - Gerrard's slip during the Chelsea game

4 - The gif of the fat scouser saying "i cant believe it" during the Crystal Palace game.

These.

The World Cup as a whole was tremendous too. The best one of the 21st Century IMO. It had the lot. The Costa Rican giant killers, Suarez's bite, the hosts getting schooled, The Spanish getting battered, JAMES RODRIGUEZ, Van Persie's header etc. Superb.

The korean girl gif is someone's avatar on another forum I use so I happily see it most days. 

The Dons winning a cup is obviously the best moment of the year for me. Also the match against Real Sociedad was a big highlight, I don't get to many matches at Pittodrie these days and the ones I do get to have a nasty habit of being disappointing. Even though we failed to progress and lost on the night it was great to experience an atmosphere like that for the first time in ages and I'll always remembers that very short spell when I was convinced we were going to smash them 4-1 and make it through. 

The World Cup has loads of high moments, Germany smashing Brazil is unforgettable. I can't remember ever having quite the same reaction to a match. Watching one of the Argentina matches at a huge bar with what must have been a thousand Argentinians all singing for the whole match was special too. 

Atletico winning La Liga should not be forgotten, one of the best achievements I've witnessed in top tier football. 

NBC, the channel that has the premier league rights in poland, are testing out a new NFL Redzone-style coverage format for the new years games. Basically, they'll cut back and forth between all matches as play develops. Kinda like how they did the last day of the season on match of the day a few years back when it came down to aguero's goal.

It works fantastically for NFL because they only switch to a certain game when a team reaches a certain yard in their opponents half. NFL is also a completely different sport with a lot of stops and starts so it makes sense. I was skeptical of it to begin with because it takes away from the experience of just fucking watching a game. However, it's pretty awesome.

That said, it's gonna be a complete disaster for football. You just choose the game you want to watch and that's how football has always worked. No need to tinker with the format. It'll be interesting to see whether it catches on though.

Cambridge finally getting promotion back into the football league was the highlight of a memorable year for me club wise and winning the FA Trophy to boot so two cracking days out at Wembley.  Now we have settled into life in League Two and are sitting happily in mid table.  Really enjoyed the world cup best one in a while.

1 - The ongoing hilarity of the 'Sevco Comedy Revue', currently struggling in its second act.

2 - Brazil taking an utter shoeing off ze Germans at the World Cup. Staggering, funny, shocking.

3 - Seeing Montrose top of the league for one week after an opening day massacre of the Shire in August. Less said about the last three months, the better.

4 - Morton shipping 10 to Hamilton Comicals at the end of last season. The seethe on P&B was glorious.

5 - Having pride in a half decent national side again. 

Happy Christmas all.

Edited by Scorge
  • Upvote 1

Big match today. A win would put us in a very nice position to end the year in.

Yeah, would be great to put more pressure on Celtic. I'd love Utd to win the league obviously but I'd just be happy for someone else to get it other than Celtic. Definitely a lot tighter this season and some of the youngsters kicking about are getting quality game time. Rangers exiting stage left a few years ago is exactly the injection that Scottish football needed. Would be even better if they languished in the Championship for a few more years (or went out of business completely).

• Upvote 1