aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Anyone know how the British players are getting on abroad this year?

I've not watched any Italian football (i'm still semi-boycotting it after all that racism stuff) but i've read that Micah Richards has been playing well and Ashley Cole has had a few good games and a few bad ones. Anyone seen them in action?

Darren Mackie's stateside adventure came to an end before it got started. Who else is plying their trade abroad? I used to keep up with the Les Rosbifs blog but it's not updated anymore.

Anton Ferdinand's stint abroad was also brief. 

I see Josh Mcceachran has only had 3 appearances for Vitesse Arnhem.

Bale obviously is doing the business at Real, as is young Jack Harper in their youth team ;)

Gauld i dont think has played many games for Sporting as of yet, but they rate him really highly.

Big Eck is doing a good job managing Genk i think as well.

Two english guys are doing ok in Italy, although i think Cole has struggled at times. 

He clearly will never really 'get' the alan partridge comparison. As in, he won't understand where the humour is. Truly one of the most boringly plain people in the world ever.

I would predict there is quite a large amount of painfully dull footballers, but Michael Owen putting himself under certain spotlights just seems to make it seem more apparent, more so than others.

I reckon he could give Alan Shearer a run for his money in a high-stakes Bore-Off.

United are pretty awful, yet have won 5 in a row. Silliness. Southampton didn't go for the throat in the 2nd half when United were there for the taking. Long should have had two, but his finishes were garbage.

And the obligatory mid-game defensive injury was due. Shame it was Smalling, as he was in a really good spell of form.

I predict the current top 3 will be the top 3 at the end of the season and in the same order.