aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Chennaiyin FC for me. I've never heard of the city, but MARCO MATERAZZI is their player-manager. He's 41, hasn't played since 2011, and has never been a coach before -- let alone a manager. Their squad includes ex-Hull person Bernard Mendy, Elano, and a couple of ex-Man United goobers in Mikael Silvestre and CLUB CAPTAIN Bojan Djordic.

To be honest, I'm only picking them because I love Materazzi. You other teams are all the sons of terrorist whores, AND YOU WILL LOSE.

Edited by Murrr

I'll take Athletico de Kolkata as the Athleti strip has always been my favourite.  I always found it funny how teams in the MLS have borrowed names that mean nothing in the context of the club.  "Real" Salt Lake City (Royal Salt Lake City, in Spanish, really?),  DC United (really what two teams united to make your club, huh?).  Athletico de Kolkata definitely takes the biscuit in that sense (it is part owned by Athletico Madrid). 

I'll take Athletico de Kolkata as the Athleti strip has always been my favourite.  I always found it funny how teams in the MLS have borrowed names that mean nothing in the context of the club.  "Real" Salt Lake City (Royal Salt Lake City, in Spanish, really?),  DC United (really what two teams united to make your club, huh?).  Athletico de Kolkata definitely takes the biscuit in that sense (it is part owned by Athletico Madrid). 

I don't know if it's how they got their name, but Real Salt Lake do have some sort of association with Real Madrid. Possibly a feeder club type of agreement, on the rare occasion that RSL are to unearth some world beater, Madrid would have dibs. It's probably just a marketing exercise though.

Aye so Serbia and Albania finished in an interesting way last night. Apparently the Albainian prime ministers brother flew a drone with an offensive flag over the pitch, which resulted in some of the Serbian players running onto the pitch with deck chairs and all hell broke out. 

Just another friendly eastern european game of football.