aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

A mad man in a pub has just told me that Darren Mackie has signed for Dundee Utd. I can't see him leaving ACE Winches.

I'm LinkedIn friends with Darren - if he was leaving ACE Winches he'd have updated his profile.

And he has not.......

Edited by colb

Good money for Borini.  I think he's a bit better than average but his days were numbered at Anfield as soon as Sturridge arrived and started banging in the goals.  Looks as though Liverpool will buy Loic Remy for quite a bit less than they get for Borini.

Just watched Liverpool's friendly against Preston.  In a couple of years you will know a lot about Jordan Rossiter.  Jordan Ibe also looks like he might breakthrough this season.  Liverpool could soon have three Jordans in their team.  A 'river' of Jordans, if you will.  Amazing times.

• Upvote 1

Drogba being linked with a move back to Chelsea seems strange and rather stupid. I don't see how it can be a good thing for either club or player. 

I'm not sure if I commented at the time but Lahm retiring from International Football really bothers me. One because I will miss watching him in the German side, he is the player who most represents this modern period of the German national team which started in 2006. However I'm mostly annoyed because 30 is just too young to retire, he hasn't won the Euros and he'd have a good chance of retaining the world cup in fours years time. I know the temptation to go out at the very top must be very strong but it's only really acceptable to me when the player is clearly close to the end of his career. 

Stevie on the other hand has done his country a favour.

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9388609/An-Ode-To-Antonio-Di-Natale

I haven't closely followed Italian football since about 2007, but I've always closely followed the career of this dude.  I know, put into perspective, he is still a very rich man, but to think what he might have achieved - and earned - elsewhere shows a true gent of the sport.  A dying breed, without a doubt. 

• Upvote 3

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9388609/An-Ode-To-Antonio-Di-Natale

I haven't closely followed Italian football since about 2007, but I've always closely followed the career of this dude.  I know, put into perspective, he is still a very rich man, but to think what he might have achieved - and earned - elsewhere shows a true gent of the sport.  A dying breed, without a doubt.

Good read that. Thanks for sharing.

Drogba being linked with a move back to Chelsea seems strange and rather stupid. I don't see how it can be a good thing for either club or player. 

I'm not sure if I commented at the time but Lahm retiring from International Football really bothers me. One because I will miss watching him in the German side, he is the player who most represents this modern period of the German national team which started in 2006. However I'm mostly annoyed because 30 is just too young to retire, he hasn't won the Euros and he'd have a good chance of retaining the world cup in fours years time. I know the temptation to go out at the very top must be very strong but it's only really acceptable to me when the player is clearly close to the end of his career. 

Stevie on the other hand has done his country a favour.

Lahm possibly laying off playing qualifiers and friendlies and making himself available when the time comes?

Bojan Krkic has signed for Stoke. Not quite a Freddy Adu-esque fall from Football Manager grace, but bloody hell.

Fair play to Hughes for trying to move them away from 6ft monstrosities though. I thought he'd be an absolutely honking appointment -- wrong. 

Casillas/Lopez

Arbeloa/Carvajal - Ramos - Varane/Pepe - Marcelo/Coentrao

Alonso/Illaramendi/Modric/Khedira

Bale/Di Maria - J-Rod/Isco/Kroos - Ronaldo

Benzema/Jese

DEPTH.  :love: 

You missed one. Showed he was perfectly capable last season.

That team is terrifying.