aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Lallana is an absolute class act. Better technique than any other English player. Should have started all the England matches. I fancy him.

Back on the pundits, the bbc lot just seem to be so fucking miserable. They hate football. Worse, they want football to be bad. I know I'm in the wrong thread but the Argentina - Switzerland match wasn't bad yet they all described it as worse than the holocaust. Yes if every game was like the the world cup would be a little dull but these football experts should be able to appreciate a well organised side and good technical players searching gaps. 

Lallana is an absolute class act. Better technique than any other English player. Should have started all the England matches. I fancy him.

That might be true for last season at Southampton but in the friendly games when he started for England he just drifted in and out of the game not doing very much.

I see that the new Leeds Utd chairman has had Paddy Kenny dropped, as he was born on the 17th May and the boy thinks that the number 17 is unlucky.

He also returned to pre-season training massively overweight. He's huge. There's a video of it somewhere. Not a good start to pre-season for Paddy Kenny.

Who's all going along to the game tonight? 

Aye, canna wait! I hate close season. I know we've had the world cup this summer but its just not the same as going to the game. Pints, pies and my beloved dons on a sunny evening. The only weird part is its the first week in July.

Club website was claiming over 13000 shifted before today. Hopefully the sun will entice a few more PATG and we creep over the 15000 mark. 

Also Ryan Gauld is off to Sporting Lisbon, United are netting 3 million quid for him.  Not too shabby.

60 million Euro buyout clause in his new contract apparently.

Is this as big of a surprise to everyone else as it is to me? I thought he was set to stay one more year at the very least. However, Sporting Lisbon is certainly an interesting move. Hopefully he will be looked after because moving abroad at that age can be difficult. I think Portugal might be a sensible destination though. Those top clubs have a good track record of signing young foreign players and developing them into top players who can later move onto bigger clubs. It could prove a good bridge between Scotland and a chance in one of the top five leagues. Better than moving to a championship side.

United also stand to make money from any future transfer fee the guy moves for, even after he leaves Sporting. Good deal id say. Refreshing to see a Scot playing abroad as well. 

Lot of kudos to the United youth system. Also nice to see the days of promising young players being hoovered up below valuation to Ra Sellick or Sevco are well and truly over. Not seduced by a move down south either.

Good move for the lad: he's got the right work ethic about him and will be much better served going through the SL system, rather than being clogged every week in the SPL...

I think Sporting is an absolutely perfect move for Gauld. It's a club with a great reputation for developing young players, Lisbon would be a brilliant city to live in, and the league's decent but not prohibitively so (meaning that he's less likely to rot in someone's reserve team). Also gives him a chance to experience a completely different footballing culture at a very young age, and implement some of that into his own game.

I really hope he absolutely smashes it and comes back a world-beater. 

Aye Jack was fantastic last night, as was Logan for the most part. The young kid that came on really put on a show as well, kinda reminded me of Pawlett in a way. Hopefully we get to see more of him this season. 

Scott Wright? Yeh he had a lot of guts in his movement. It's really hard to tell until we play against proper opposition. Jack was amazing. He really has had a storming pre-season from the looks of things.

Seems like Goodwillie is on his way to the dons at the start of the week, two year deal apparently.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope he never got up to pace when he played for us last season. Looked like he'd lost a step of pace and just couldn't get his confidence back.

I hope he does well though. When we sold him to Blackburn he was a great forward who would run at defenders and wasn't afraid to shoot.

He'll be back up for Rooney if we do sign him. Can't see McInnes changing his formation just so he can play Goodwillie. Has anyone mentioned Lee Miller signing for Killie? Will be interesting to see if he can replace the void Boyd will leave. Can see this season be the season Kilmarnock get relegated.