aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

If Xavi goes to Qatar his career is essentially over and it's sad that it will end in the way it has for both club and country. One of the all time greats. The most important Spanish player ever. He hasn't been at his best the last couple of years but it's a pity all involved couldn't find a way for him to stay involved with reduced playing time so he could still have an influence on the club.

It also means all three club captains are leaving Barca.

Yeah I figured racatic was going to play a bit deeper at Barca.

They need a lot in midfield with Xavi and Cesc leaving.  Not heard of any great midfielders from the academy recently?

Thiago, but they let him leave. I think thats the one poor thing left from Tito's reign as manager, how Thiago was treated, he should now be a first team regular for them, instead he is in Germany. I dont think Fab was ever the player to replace Xavi or Iniesta tbh, he just isnt good enough overall. 

Goodwillie on a free if Boyd doesnt come?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27937982

Fucking hell, I hope not. The guy comes across as a feckless shirker with an extreme attitude problem: overrated and over-salaried. Aside from some relatively intelligent movement from time to time, I have never really identified what his redeeming qualities as a striker actually are.

I don't think he possesses the inherent drive or desire to achieve anything beyond what he already has, and he's achieved very little in my opinion. Kilmarnock is the ideal sort of club for him.

Aberdeen are seeded so hopefully that means we have a chance of getting through.

Just read that they are 11 games into their season so fitness could play a part, hopefully we will be strong enough even if the fitness isn't quite there.

Looks like Boyd is off back to the huns, disappointed.

I read somewhere that they would have to stump up quite a bit of cash to afford his wages. McInnes has conceded defeated so I'm assuming he knows they can afford him. Don't understand that considering they amount of bad debt they seem to be back in but who knows?

United are on the verge of signing Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao again, after last summer's farce, where suited imposters turned up to La Liga HQ pretending to be United men to pay the release clause.

Good player. Immediately becomes United's best midfielder before he's even been given a squad number.

If Vermaelen wasn't broken, I'd take him. He looks shot though. Managed half an hour the other night, before predictably coming off injured. He's a very skilled footballer, but with Smalling, Evans and Jones already prone to injury, United certainly don't need another.

Both Sanchez AND Depay would be excessive IMO, unless Van Gaal is giving some wingers the boot. Valencia has just signed a new contract. Hopefully Young will be gone forever. Nani - who knows? He's incredibly talented, but he's a total mystery. Wilfried Zaha? Is he going to be given a chance? Moyes didn't seem to like him. There's also Jesse Lingard to return from loan. He looks fairly handy. Sanchez should have signed when he was originally linked to United, and then Ashley Young would never have happened.

I've never been a huge fan of Sami Khedira, though he's decent. Van Gaal likes his 3 man midfields. A midfield 3 of Herrera, Khedira and Mata would be very solid. They've also been linked with De Jong for that position. That would be interesting, given that he used to be a blue. He'd probably be cheap though, and he's hard as fuck.

Hopefully Van Gaal goes for another centre back over Vermaelen, purely because of his injury record. Though I'd also like to see Van Gaal bite the bullet and install Smalling and Jones as the CB pairing. Both barely even got chance to play there under Moyes. Smalling was put out wide where he was awful, and Jones played in almost every position but centre back.