aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

The 2013/2014 season is finished. Real Madrid are champions of Europe and Hibs have been relegated. It's done. Time to move on and look forward, not back.

Is anyone aside from Ricky Lambert going to be left at Southampton by the time the season starts? Looks like Pochettino is going to be the first one out of the door as he wanders up the road to take the Spurs job.

I didn't realise Buttner is 25; with Evra signing on for another year he has no chance of playing that often, especially is Luke Shaw is joining as well. He'd be as well leaving, I haven't been too impressed with him in all honesty.

Technically a'right, but v slow for a Premier League fullback.

Buttner is probably quicker than Evra these days, who can barely run.

I am undecided about him though. His debut was one of the best Premier League debuts I can remember. He totally rinsed Wigan, and even scored. He's had some MEGALOL games where he was terrible (stepovers in his own penalty area, audacious backheel which ended up conceding a corner).

I remember wincing when he was in the squad for the first leg against Bayern, be he had a hugely solid game. As long as he doesn't fanny about on the ball, thinking he's Lucio, he can be decent. He just needs to reel it in a bit. He's also a very good crosser of the ball, but just overdoes it with the skillzz when he's in a dangerous area.

Still, I don't think Shaw will be at United. I think he wants Chelsea, and with Cole gone, surely Chelsea will want him too.

Yaya Toure has told Sky Sports this morning that "it would be an honour to play for a club like PSG".

I bet you didn't think that three years ago, Yaya.

It would be great if City just put him into the reserves for the 3 remaining years on his contract and let him leave for nothing when he's 34/35. They won't though. It would be wise for them to get him off the wage bill if he's acting the cunt.

Edited by Joda Serk

Yep, definitely time for City to get shot. They'll get a shit-tonne of money for him which will assist with their FFP problems and allow them to reinvest in a couple of younger, less cunty alternatives.

Yaya's after one last big bumper contract; will probably see himself playing some kind of ambassadorial role for PSG when he hangs up his boots, speaks French an' a'hing.

He's also said he wants to end his career at Barca. He'll probably be the manager of one club, whilst being the ambassador of the other, with the key to the city of Manchester around his neck.

He's already the top earner at City. Is he going to get much more at PSG?

Perhaps the taxman is a bit friendlier in France? But Yaya might be a massive cunt like Gary Barlow and be firing in with the immoral tax avoidance schemes.

The opposite. The tax on high earners in France is one of the highest around. That's one of the reasons PSG's wage bill is so high, to beat player's net wages at other bigh clubs PSG are paying a huge gross amount. 

• Upvote 2

Mauro Zarate is on his way to West Ham United. That's going to be so much fun. He will be absolutely brilliant for about 4-5 games, before turning into a complete lunatic and offending everybody in England. Hopefully this turns out a little bit less farty than Osvaldo's time at Southampton, and Zarate gets ample time to display the complete extent of his insanity. Sam's gonna be absolutely raging.