aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

Cameroon players almost refused to come because they were in a strop about win bonuses, demanding over a hundred grand per player for a win. They then came and barely tried against Mexico. Against Croatia their captain got sent off for stupidly and pointlessly elbowing a player in the back which led to a collapse and huge defeat and by the end of the match they were fighting with each other. Pathetic group of twats.

I had forgotten about this. Fair point. A lot of international footballers don't get paid at all for playing for their country. A lot of the bigger countries have the player appearance fees donated to certain charities and foundations. As a professional footballer, it should be enough to just represent your country at a major tournament.

Understandable to get pissy if the players are semi-pro, like Faroe Islands or something, but nearly all of the Cameroonian players play at a high level and most probably comfortably wealthy.

They're just about out anyway. They'd have to beat Brazil about 7-0 or something, or Croatia would have to lose 7-0.

I don't know who I want to see go through between Croatia and Mexico. I like both a lot. Croatia's midfield is awesome.

Thomas Muller doesn't wear shinnies. Hard bastard.

Doesn't wear a crash helmet either, perhaps could have been useful tonight :(

Good result for USA though - through to last 16 if they beat Portugal tomorrow.  Easier said than done mind.

Edited by neepheid

brilliant second half, a fair result in the end.  Team soccerball USA can beat Portugal I reckon but of course I know jack shit about football!  Dzeko to get the opening goal in what looks an intriguing clash between Bosnia and cannot spell the other one and Nigeria.

Big big game tomorrow. Real allegiances take precedent over artificial forum-based ones im afraid. I hope the us stuff portugal and get through without a nervy final game. Gonna watch the game at a rowdy 'outlaws' bar with Adam EW off here. Should be a cracking atmosphere.