aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

Yep gotta hand it to the Mexicans for getting that point, they didn't allow Brazil to play.  Fred was pretty gash and Brazil looked a little better when Jo came on and squandered some decent chances, that Mexican goalie who looks like a girl played very well. 'Spread himself big' as them pundits would say.

Marcelo trying to win a penalty at the end was a disgrace, poor decision not to give him a yellow for that.  The Brazilians are terrible divers, worse than the Germans I think.  Stupid thing if he'd have stayed on his feet he could have got the cross in and there was someone in the middle.

Eh? This was a terrible result for Croatia. Brazil will obviously beat Cameroon and now Mexico definitely just need a point against Croatia to secure qualification.

I'm ludicrously optimistic.

Cameroon will pull off the unexpected and beat Brazil. Their performances are in decline and they will be at their worse against Cameroon. An Olic hat-trick will see off Mexico after beating Cameroon and win the group. Easily done.

Edited by Camie

Hmmm.. thought Korea were somewhat better most of the game but too much aimless possession football, loads of passes between the defenders before going back to the keeper. Would've  been great play if they were 1-0 up. Some daft instances of the Korean defence running at people at the edge of their own box. Teasing the Ruasian bear.

Anyway, enough of the small time. Chile vs Spain tonight. Casillas is shot, and Pique looks like he can barely run. Del Bosque will continue to keep his best players on the bench, and Torres will either start, or be his first substitute. Gary Medel will step on Diego Costa's neck if he tries any of that diving shit again. I hope Vidal chins Ramos n'all, the little cunt.

• Upvote 1

Qualifiers are flattering to the top teams in terms of stats, because they are usually grouped with useless cloggers.

They need a stronger goalkeeper back there anyway. Casillas looks done. He's not played that much in the season just gone, but he looks like he hasn't played for years.

And drop Pique. He was never that good at defending anyway. Ramos and Martinez would boss it. Jordi Alba's not great defensively either. 

Be interesting the see how the Spanish are tonight, I love watching Chile and their gung ho approach, they show no fear!  I expect goals!  But first the Dutch should comfortably beat the Aussies, not the boldest prediction in the history of punditing mind!