aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

Yes, undoubtedly great players, but not really doing it on the same level week in week out that they seem to do it at the world cup (otherwise people would be messi-wanking over them 24/7).  Particularly impressive given how other more prolific scorers often under perform. It's the relentlessness of these German players at major tournaments.

I still think it's a stretch to say this is something peculiar that happens with Germany. Especially with Bierhoff. Looking at his records he scored 4 world cups goals over two tournaments and only 2 goals at the Euros. He was top scorer in serie a in the 97-98 season, it was hardly unusual for him to score 3 goals in the world cup that year. The only other one he got was in the 8-0 thrashing of an abysmal Saudi team.

Again, not suggesting it's unusual or that they are lesser players. It's the manner in which they relentlessly seem to find the net in major tournaments without ovation-grabbing standout performances I find interesting. The Germans have had that poacher position nailed for years going back to Gerd Muller.

USA waste no time. Great goal too, lovely first touch.

I didn't see the early match today but I'm happy with the scoreline. The only good thing about Portugal is the chance to see Ronaldo do something special, otherwise they're crap. I haven't really liked them since Euro 2000. Apart from when they were knocking out England on penalties.

Also the Mexico-Japan and Iran-Nigeria matches must be replayed until they fulfill the criteria of not being a draw and having at least 3 goals.

We didn't play Japan and we didn't draw. We beat Cameroon 1-0 going on 15-0.

We have Brazil tonight and we will win. Did you hear that, Milner? WE. WILL. WIN.

VIVA MEXICO CABRONES!!!