aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

Ref was shit, keeper was a bit shit, Olic was shit, Neymar was a bit of a minky cheat, Oscar was fucking amazing.

Out of all the players that graced the pitch last night, Oscar is the only one who might get on the Belgium bench.

I was kind of rooting for Brazil early on, but as soon as Neymar stuck the elbow in, I wanted Croatia to win.  You saw the look in his eye just before he did it - should have seen red for that one, but then went on to score two goals.  The penalty shouldn't have been a penalty and the chopped off goal?  Well, Olic did put an arm on the keeper but if he'd challenged like that anywhere else on the pitch, it would have been a good leap and good win, but keepers get masses of protection as we know.  Olic should have watched the video of John Sutton to learn how to do it in a more subtle fashion...

Olic was frustrating the fuck out of me.  He just kept making the wrong choices and his crossing was terrible.

Oscar, by contrast was brilliant.  He was pulling crosses out of nowhere.  In the first half, I kept thinking he was being lazy by not going past the defender but almost every time the cross was dangerous as fuck.  Once he got going though, he was terrorising the full back.  I didn't watch for long enough after the final whistle, but I hope Oscar got man of the match and not Neymar.

It was never ever a red card and thats not me speaking with my brazil hat on. He had no look in his eyes at all, he just caught him.

He will be the player of the tournament, its all set up for him. Brazil aim to play through him as much as possible and he seems to love it, the fans love him, and he is mega talented, 33 goals in his first 50 Brazil games, the Dazler would have been proud of that record. 

Brazil did just enough, but they were always going to be nervous in the first game to a packed out stadium. Croatia looked decent enough at times, but they wont go far. Oscar was fantastic, as was Bernard when he came on and Tiago Silva had a decent game at the back. Luiz is just mental, and Hulk did nothing at all all game but look hard as fook. 

So I'm pretty excited because Neymar is my FF captain and has scored 28 points - I have joined the ab-music league but it's not showing in the list of 'my leagues' - is anyone else having this problem?

I presume that maybe nothing shows at all until the end of 'game 1'?

I also have Neymar as my captain, because I love a cheating little bastard earning me points. I also have the same issues with the website not listing my leagues. The website is a bit shit actually.

All you guys saying it wasn't a red.

Get to fuck out.  The fact that he had a definite look first before raising his arm to Modric's head height (his height makes no difference here because Neymar had a definite look first).  At first I thought he was just holding him off because he didn't swing the elbow at him, but when I saw the replay with that look first, then putting the elbow in.  Definite red.  Even Alan Shearer thought so.

The ref bottled it (along with the penalty decision) because it was Brazil at home in the first game of the World Cup.

Shite. Of course he looks at him, they are both going to try and win a ball, but that doesnt mean he goes out to intentionally hurt him. The fact that Shearer says it was a red card just backs up the rest of us, no one knows less about football than Alan Shearer. 

The ref bottled the penalty, but not the red card. 

• Upvote 1

Lee Dixon mentioned that he was English and therefore played for England, referring to the players who he claimed "pick and choose" which country they want to play for.

All of this unfolded in the company of Senegalese Patrick Viera who chose to play for France. Nice one Dixon, you prick.

Luka Modric also had a haircut and looks stupid. I want Thiago Silva to get injured so Dante is drafted in to make it the hairiest defence ever to play at the World Cup.