aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

Hulk is garbage. He's huge, yet he looks like Shaun Wright Phillips could outmuscle him from the amount of times defenders just breeze past him and nick the ball away. I don't know why they didn't take players like Coutinho and Lucas Moura, who are a bit raw, but at least they inject a bit of pace and threat into the attack. Better to have a couple of reckless forwards who are at least trying, than guys like Fred and Hulk who just potter about.

David Luiz is pretty awful, though to be fair, he had an ok World Cup up until last night. There's not a good, solid defender between Maicon, Luiz, Dante and Marcelo. You've got two wingers and two ball-chasers who don't speak. Every time the camera focused on Dante or Luiz, they both just looked lost, as if they were awaiting instruction from someone else. Both are too attracted to the ball, and they just hound it and forget to mark the players who don't have the ball.

Glad they are out. I've not liked much about them in this tournament. I hope the Dutch beat the Argies, and then flatten the Germans on Sunday.

They should have taken Ronaldinho.  He will forever be my favourite Brazilian player.

Brazil need to rebuild.  The team just isn't what anyone (including Brazil themselves) expect from a Brazilian team.

The only thing I've taken from watching that team is Luiz Gustavo is even better than I thought he was at DM.  He's a right nasty bastard, he'd do work in the EPL.

There really isnt much to say after that. Hulk was awful, has been most of the tournament, and side show bob is lost without Thiago Silva beside him. Fred should never play international football again, same goes for Maicon. 

I've just never seen anything like the bad defending that Brazil showed last night.

Oh well, back to the real football.

To be fair, until last night I thought Brazil looked solid enough (by Brazilian standards) at the back. Goes to show how important Silva has been back there. But for Neymar, that's the worst attacking Brazil I've ever seen so Pele probably not that far off the mark.

They were shite in equal measures defensively, creatively and attacking last night.

I laughed out loud when the 5th went in. The spell from goal 2 to goal 5 was like watching a game at Strikers when the team that's played 5s together for years takes apart the team made up of a few work colleagues with a couple of guys who have never played competitive football and the token fat bloke in goals.

In the semi final of the World Cup. Incredible.

I'm really glad about Brazil's shellacking last night, especially after the way they went about their business against Colombia. You do what you must in order to win, I get that, but it was a horrific game to watch. It was incredibly depressing to see a Brazilian side so inept that they had to resort to hacking the life out of the opposition's star player to nullify him. The Brazilian mystique is dead.

They're a mostly excruciating side and a perfect reflection of their manager's dull demeanour.

I think that's pushing it. Muller's movement, the clinical passing and composure in and around the box, the high pressing, possession... all things scotland wouldn't have gotten right. Fear and emotion played a huge part too - brazil got scared after 10 mins and lost their heads. Scotland wouldnt have that effect

I'm not saying Scotland would have destroyed them but definitely if Brazil played like that and I know it's hypothetical and Germany caused them to play like that etc, then Scotland could have beaten them.

They were incredibly shit all over the pitch. Scotland would have enough attacking creativity and threat to cause that defence problems, we could have beaten that team in a midfield battle and their attackers were pish too.

But aye - all hypothetical of course.

Hahahahahaha. Good one, Gladstone. You sure do have a wild imagination. Who in the Scotland team is the one with enough attacking creativity? Who are the attackers setting the tone with a high pressing game, forcing Brazil into making ill-judged passes that go to the opposition?

• Upvote 2

I dont really see whats so ridiculous about what he said. Us on our best day and Brazil on their very worst day and we could certainly give them a game. We gave Spain a good game at Hampden when they were pretty much at their peak. Football is never just black and white in these situations. 

Obviously on a player by player basis we are miles behind, but Brazil without Neymar and Silva are not that scary a team to come up against. 

Scotland would not have beaten that team. It took Germany's ability to shatter their confidence and cause that meltdown. It's not just a case that without Silva their defence fell apart. That was important obviously but this Brazil team has basically been getting through this tournament on high emotion, the belief that they would win an incredible public support. Just look at how many players have been crying at every match, they were fragile as fuck all tournament. Germany attacked them in a way few teams could and suddenly everything they'd believed for the last few weeks and their whole world collapsed around them and they were thrown into a mad panic. There's not a chance in hell we would have done the same, we'd have lost 3-0.