aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

That was a ballsy substitution. If he makes a bollocks of it, Van Gaal looks like a fool. Krul bossed it, so Van Gaal is a god. He's made Cillessen look like a lemon though.

Tim Krul is a total cunt too. Marching around the penalty area like a hard bastard, then he just talks shit at whoever puts the ball on the spot. Massive.

I thought the shenanigans were fucking ace from Krul. Everyone's raging about it on Twitter. UNLUCKY, BOYS.

It's just nice to see one of our players succeed on the biggest stage. That game was pretty "meh," until the last 10 minutes of extra time though. Well, maybe it wasn't: Danny Murphy just sucks the life out of football matches. 

Edited by Murrr
  • Upvote 1

Krul giving it large was ace.

He also went the right way every time. Master.

How on earth is he (or even Vorm) behind a goalkeeper who's not even first choice at Ajax? Cillessen has looked like their weak link almost every game. Very timid, rooted to his line, not even a good stopper. Surely Krul has earned a start in the semi final. No way can a keeper save two penalties in a shootout and be dropped.

The keeping substitution must have been pre planned but it was fun to watch anyway and Krul came good in the end.  Exciting stuff so four of the bigguns in the semis, think its almost gone to seeding apart from Holland being there instead of Spain... correct me if I'm wrong.

Thing is no team has been completely outstanding yet Brazil seem to get more criticism than the others.  Never mind though Fred will come good against Ze Germans lol!

Hope we get a derby in the final either Brazil v Argie or Holland v Germany!

I never watched it, but quite a few people seem to be raging with LVG making the keeper sub. Also people were saying that Tim Krul was very disrespectful to Costa Rica but I don't understand how or why they think that.

I'm really not sure who I want to win this out of the four. I guess I'm going to go for Germany, but I have money on Argentina. It's a shame there are no more underdogs now though.

I don't have a problem with it. I don't see how it differs from when it happens all over the pitch in most games. If you're a striker being marked by a defender, the defender is going to be in your ear all game, telling you that you're shit, and probably vice versa. Players are giving each other shit all game. I don't see why it shouldn't happen in a shootout. And it's definitely not the first time it has happened. Van Der Sar did it all the time in both shootouts and penalties in a game. Joe Hart does it as well. If a penalty taker is put off by a bit of trash talk, then he probably shouldn't have stepped up to take one. It's a battle of wits. Clam up son.