aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

The English red tops have been playing it up like they've just never known he was good.  We knew he was good but needed experience and he had a really good year in Greece before the WC started.

He only got his work permit last July so the loans before the last one all had to be done.  He'll be a good rotation option next year and all the cup games I'd imagine.

Yeah he impressed me in the CL against Man Utd, literally hadn't heard of him before that.

He's likely to get chances, particularly when he'll be challenging the glass legged duo of Walcott and Oxlaide-Chamberlain

Oh Man, if it wasn't bad enough that the Germans and Americans are gonna have a 90 minute keep ball session tonight to ensure qualification, skinny Ronaldo and co will no doubt run riot through a team filled with conflict. 

We all remember the utter garbage the Dutch produced in the tournaments where they had all that shit going on, and Ghana are no Holland in the footballing world. 

Still as a true Scotsman Ghanaian I thrive in failing at the last hurdle so fully expect a 4-0 whipping of Portugal, with the U.S of A scoring a last minute equalizer to knock out the plucky Black stars!!! 

Suarez banned from all football for four months, but one and a half of those is the summer break. Lenient.

9 league matches for Liverpool according to whatever I just read.  That's a lot of game time, and he appears to be banned from all football related activity so I think that means no training with the squad etc.

BUT, for a guy with his track record the four month ban starting in Summer is pretty lenient.  He's a fucking animal, no doubt.  What's going through his stupid head?  He had apparently screwed the nut a little bit last season and got through an entire season without much controversy - a very good club season too.  Finishing second and going right to the line with City.  And Uruguay doing well in the WC (again), spearheaded by his attack after a shit performance without him in the opener.  And for a split second he thinks the best course of action is to sink his teeth into his opponent's shoulder.  It's so ridiculous, I just can't get my head round it.

I hope you're proud of your man Adam Easy Wishes...

Suarez should be banned for minimum of a year. It's a total joke of a sentence. What's it going to be for his fourth bite? 5/6 months? Absolute nonsense sentence.

I read it on Sky News earlier, it's something like 9 Premier League matches and 3 Champion's League.

I know some people are saying its too lenient but I disagree. Being banned from playing is one thing, but being banned from training with his club or even going to the matches is a pretty tough punishment IMO. Undoubtedly deserved but wow.

Real shitter for Brendan Rodgers. He's a key member of the team and so much of what they do comes through him, but that's now what, 22 games he's missed through suspension in just 2 seasons? It leaves Liverpool with a tough decision on whether to bin him or not. Maybe they could replace him with Balotelli. Straight swap, cunt for cunt.

FIFA have confirmed to Sky Sports News that Suarez will have his World Cup accreditation cancelled and he will not be allowed inside Uruguay's base or stay in the same team hotels as his teammates in Brazil.

He will also be unable to play club football until October 26, ruling him out of Liverpool's opening nine Premier League and three Champions League games - and he will not even be able to train with the rest of the Liverpool squad during that time.

Edited by Lucky Rathen