aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

RAWK is filled with Bite-Deniers right now. The Italy vs Uruguay thread got locked, but not before this:

It's bullshit.

He got frustrated and leaned his head in tward him as they were running (could have gone for the attempted head-butt)
The Italian then threw an elbow (and a good one) at Suarez - Should also have gone.
Nothing given by the ref, so the Iti starts running around, pointing to his shoulder, which had NOTHING on it on the close up.
Bitter fuckers.

There you go. Head-lean. Nothing more.

This is the best angle of it I've seen posted on twitter.  You can see him lean in and go for it without his own body masking it so much.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/9F825CD6301093275966698053632_14036314813422db3bb2672.mp4.mp4?versionId=zZ.Gq0VU6a7RTRpuJG2cfIC0u_EpdfKF

Some of the eyewitness reports from the incident are disturbing...

http://youtu.be/7XNlgwUNKjs?t=11s

• Upvote 1

Is it me or is Alan Shearer getting more punchable as the tournament progresses?  Good game between Greece and Ivory Coast, bet Drogba sneaks in with one to put the coast through!

As Cameroon are now out I shall change my avatar to my new favourite player, the rather hapless but likeable Fred!

• Upvote 1

Is it me or is Alan Shearer getting more punchable as the tournament progresses?  

Firstly at half time, Alan Shearer says that England should've qualified for the group at least, despite being against a decent Italy side and a really good Uruguay side.

Then after the Ivory Coast/Greece game, Danny Murphy is talking about how frustrating it is because England could've face Greece in the next round.

Sorry, what?!

I didn't care too much if England did well or not, but they had a difficult group. They need to stop hitting the panic button everytime they don't do as well as they'd hope.

Edited by Camie

I feared England wouldn't make it out the group stage, fair play to Costa Rica for surprising everyone and topping the group.  Bloody Italy had them in the work sweepstake!

A tasty South American fest on Sat night - Brazil v Chile then Colombia v Uruguay.  

Greece are through. The worst thing to happen so far at this World Cup. Worse than Suarez. A thoroughly horrible team.

Ivory Coast are bottlers. They should be doing better. Tiote is LOLbad. And why is a defensive midfielder wearing the #9? Glad they are out, so that madness can end, but I'd rather Japan had gone through instead of Greece.

Columbia though. It's a shame they're missing Falcao, but they still look handy without him.

• Upvote 1

Ah Suarez, never fails to amaze. 

Banned from the World Cup maybe? I cant see Fifa giving him any kind of world wide football ban.

I think it could happen. And it should. Biting an opponent on a football pitch is a freak occurrence in itself. For it to happen 3 times involving the same offender is insane. He needs to be made an example of. 3rd offence when it comes to biting, plus the racial abuse he hurled at King Pat. His ban should be in Cantona territory now. Lengthy and worldwide.

I think it could happen. And it should. Biting an opponent on a football pitch is a freak occurrence in itself. For it to happen 3 times involving the same offender is insane. He needs to be made an example of. 3rd offence when it comes to biting, plus the racial abuse he hurled at King Pat. His ban should be in Cantona territory now. Lengthy and worldwide.

I dunno about the world wide ban tbh. Yes he is an absolute mentalist and yes he should get a lenghty ban, but i think it should be contained to international football, not a global ban. As much as i loath myself for saying it, it would be harsh on Liverpool if he was banned for playing for them, when his actions had nothing to do with them. 

I dunno about the world wide ban tbh. Yes he is an absolute mentalist and yes he should get a lenghty ban, but i think it should be contained to international football, not a global ban. As much as i loath myself for saying it, it would be harsh on Liverpool if he was banned for playing for them, when his actions had nothing to do with them. 

I don't really think it matters what effect it has on Liverpool. When players are banned for using banned substances, it has nothing to do with their clubs, but they are rightly suspended for breaking the rules with their individual act. What Cantona did had nothing to do with the France national team, but he was unable to play in Euro 96 qualifiers, at a time when Cantona was the captain of the national team.

He has quite an exhaustive history of offences compared to most players. Given the amount of offences and the severity of them, he certainly shouldn't be getting off lightly this time.

I don't really think it matters what effect it has on Liverpool. When players are banned for using banned substances, it has nothing to do with their clubs, but they are rightly suspended for breaking the rules with their individual act. What Cantona did had nothing to do with the France national team, but he was unable to play in Euro 96 qualifiers, at a time when Cantona was the captain of the national team.

He has quite an exhaustive history of offences compared to most players. Given the amount of offences and the severity of them, he certainly shouldn't be getting off lightly this time.

France didnt pay the wages of Cantona so they would have no right to complain. What Suarez did, had nothing at all to do with Liverpool, yet people want them sanctioned for it, doesnt make sense imo.

Drug bans have nothing at all to do with this situation. 

France didnt pay the wages of Cantona so they would have no right to complain. What Suarez did, had nothing at all to do with Liverpool, yet people want them sanctioned for it, doesnt make sense imo.

Drug bans have nothing at all to do with this situation. 

Wages or not, it still punished France, for not being able to select their captain and an influential player, for an incident which didn't involve them.

It's not sanctioning Liverpool. It's sanctioning the player. It doesn't matter who plays for. Four pretty hefty offences whilst playing football, the most recent of which has taken place on the biggest possible stage. Despite not wearing Liverpool colours whilst committing the offence, he's still bringing his employers into disrepute. Especially so as it is a repeat of something he did whilst playing for Liverpool. Brendan Rodgers will probably have been sat home banging his head against the wall after seeing that. It puts everyone involved with Luis Suarez into hot water.

Why doesn't another type of suspension have anything to do with it? It's an example of how an individual is penalised which also has a hindrance on his club. If Suarez was to get a worldwide ban, then it would be very similar.

Edited by Joda Serk