aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

hqdefault.jpg

What we have here right now, is a man that'll walk around Aberdeen Music tonight, claiming his England team are gonna brush past the mighty Azzurri juggernaut! Claiming his boys are gonna win the group, climb the mountain, and go on to be crowned the FIFA World Heavyweight Champions. He'll be claiming it all. WELL WOODSINHO, LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER! Here in Prandelli's house, we don't live off our former glories. We assemble a team! We get the brains (Pirlo), the brawn (De Rossi), the good (Buffon), the bad (Abate) and the ugly (Chiellini), and we say to our opponent, ya did it once (1966), now let's see ya try and do it again.

So Woodsinho, tell me brother, WUT'CHA GONNA DO WHEN THE AZZURRI GO WILD ON YOU?!

• Upvote 7

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27793494

Posting that, not for the article, which is just Phil Neville almost greetin' because some folk are slagging off his mate, but for the Pat Nevin video embedded within the article.  Quite an interesting insight.

I'm almost certain Rooney will start against Italy because Hodgson won't go into the opener without the biggest name in his squad, but Rooney really hasn't done it at a world cup yet.  I'd like to see Rooney live up to his early hype at a major tournament and rip it up.  Not sure if it will happen though.