aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

Lawro mindlessly mashed his hands against his keyboard, whilst probably dribbling all over himself, and came up with this piece:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2014/mark-lawrenson-column-italy-uruguay-3663388

It almost makes me want to see England get shitkicked so the typical "I only watch the Premier League" bell-ends can stop thinking Barkley and Sterling are the best in the world, and other countries young players are non-entities.

That's right. Steven Gerrard > Pirlo. and Henderson > De Rossi. Lawro clearly shits out of both ends.

I'd take Buffon at right back over Glen fucking Johnson.

Lawro is an oxygen thief.

Interesting use of 'us' and 'our' for a man capped by Ireland.

I didn't realise until the Costa situation that friendly matches didn't lock a player into playing for that country. I'm not comfortable with Costa playing for Spain but I can think of situations when I would be fine with a player using the same rules to play for a country other than that of their birth. 

It's better now than it was back in the 50s when players seemed to switch countries as often as clubs some times.

I didn't realise until the Costa situation that friendly matches didn't lock a player into playing for that country. I'm not comfortable with Costa playing for Spain but I can think of situations when I would be fine with a player using the same rules to play for a country other than that of their birth. 

It's better now than it was back in the 50s when players seemed to switch countries as often as clubs some times.

I guess it also depends on the country in questions policy on handing out passports, I'm sure Spain's one of these "play here for 4 years and we'll give you a Spanish passport" sort of places. I'm sure Etoo has a Spanish passport actually. With Costa I think I remember him saying there had been no interest from the Brazilian FA on even looking at him playing through the likes of u20s etc and he felt much more of an affinity with Spain as a country as he'd spent most of his playing career there. I'm not sure where I stand on that personally as it's not like there's any close natural ties with the country.

Just one day to go people, excited hell yeah!

England's opening game is on the BBC, historically England usually do better when on the beeb and yes am clutching at straws!  sadly the opening game and ceremony is on ITV, they really should never be allowed anywhere near football matches!

Just one day to go people, excited hell yeah!

England's opening game is on the BBC, historically England usually do better when on the beeb and yes am clutching at straws!  sadly the opening game and ceremony is on ITV, they really should never be allowed anywhere near football matches!

Why do you care what England do, Bruce?