aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

Has there been much backlash over Michael Wilbon telling Klinsmann to get out of America?

I don't think he said anything about football we didn't already know.  Is Wilbon just an idiot on a show that no one cares about?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/michael-wilbon-jurgen-klinsmann

It comes across as quite Xenophobic though and can you imagine if it was the other way around and Klinsmann was black and Wilbon white.  Wilbon would probably be trying to find a new job.

Noone takes those guys seriously - the sole purpose of that espn show is to cause controversy and there's serious football journalism in america that doesnt get the exposure it deserves who back klinsmann 100%. It would be different if races were swapped but thats as good an example as there is of how fucked up american media is. He was probably told to say something controversial for the hell of it.

Again, noone gives a fuck about skip bayless and all those other chumps who ride that 'debate' wave. Its all about viewer/reader numbers. There are no red top tabloids here so this is the equivalent.

It's a bit narrow, innit? Get Mattheus in as a sweeper and push Lahm and Maldini on as wingbacks. 3-5-2! 3-5-2! 3-5-2!

Will post mine (from France '98 onwards - I didn't really get too involved with USA '94 :( ) shortly.

Matthaus is basically playing sweeper with Lahm and Maldini as wingbacks, but wingbacks are so 1998. It's all about the 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1 formations nowadays. Modern thinking!!!! 

Buffon

Cafu - Cannavaro - Maldini - Roberto Carlos

Pirlo

Zidane - Xavi

Rivaldo

Ronaldo - Klose

Ultimate width with Cafu/R.Carlos. Classy Italian 'back four' if you include Pirlo sitting infront of the defence and orchestrating play, with Xavi and Zidane running rings around any opposition midfield. Rivaldo loved a spectacular break from deep, with Ronaldo and Klose providing ALL THE GOALS.

:up:

Rivaldo should be banned from any all time XI for his rediculous attempt at simulation. Therefore you should have to make do with 10 ment for including him. Hats off on the strike partnership though!!! GOALS GALORE

My team (back to 94...just)

Kahn

De Boer     Desailly     Cafu

Dunga

Mathaus                  Pirlo

Zidane

Baggio                 Ronaldo

Klose

My team (back to 94...just)

Kahn

De Boer     Desailly     Cafu

Dunga

Mathaus                  Pirlo

Zidane

Baggio                 Ronaldo

Klose

If thats not fat Ronaldo on the left wing then i will no longer respect your footballing knowledge. 

World Cup Dream Team 94 onwards

Buffon

Thuram   Cannavaro    Baresi   Maldini   (I like Italian defnders, ok!)

Xavi     Deschamps    Zidane

Baggio                 Hagi

Ronaldo

Pretty predictable really, the majority of them won the tournament and all but one made it to a final.

Edited by Paranoid Android