aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

Here are some "rules" for the duration of the World Cup (please add your own...):

1. Avatar must be team related

2. When referring to your team, you must refer to them as "we" / "you"

3. Belgium is the BEST team in the world and Fellaini has the BEST hair in the world (even better than Charlie Mulgrew).

In fact, Fellaini is the most know hair footballer in the world.

Here are some "rules" for the duration of the World Cup (please add your own...):

1. Avatar must be team related

2. When referring to your team, you must refer to them as "we" / "you"

3. Belgium is the BEST team in the world and Fellaini has the BEST hair in the world (even better than Charlie Mulgrew).

In fact, Fellaini is the most know hair footballer in the world.

I would like to propose naming this entire affair the "Aberdeen Music World Cup 2014 Epic Battle For Honour And Supremacy" and add rule 4:

When your team picks up a win over another forums members team, 1 days worth of childish and obnoxious gloating is not only permitted but expected.

ABERDEEN MUSIC WORLD CUP 2014 EPIC BATTLE FOR HONOUR AND SUPREMACY

GROUP A

Brazil [MILNER]

Croatia

Mexico [SKACEL]

Cameroon

GROUP B

Spain [KARMATSUNAMI]

Netherlands [MOOSE]

Chile [JODA SERK]

Australia

GROUP C

Colombia [MR OWL PHD]

Greece 

Ivory Coast [GIVEMEASMILE]

Japan [LUCKY RATHEN]

GROUP D

Uruguay [ADAM EASY WISHES]

Costa Rica 

England [WOODSINHO]

Italy [MURR]

GROUP E

Switzerland

Ecuador

France [CHRIS]

Honduras

GROUP F

Argentina [PARANOID ANDROID]

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Iran

Nigeria [SURFER_ROSA]

GROUP G

Germany [CAPTAIN AMERICA]

Portugal [CA_GERE]

Ghana

USA [NEEPHEID]

GROUP H

Belgium [GLADSTONE]

Algeria

Russia

Korea Republic [SCOTTYBOY]

Edited by Gladstone

Juventus doctor reckons Arturo Vidal has a great chance of being fit for the World Cup. He only had surgery on his knee 5 weeks ago, but obviously The King himself heals faster than puny mortals.

I only call him The King because he actually refers to himself as The King. His Twitter handle is even @kingarturo23. So badass.

La Roja!

If everyone is fit, I think this is how the lads could line up:

Bravo

Isla  -  Medel  -  Gonzalez  -  Mena

Diaz
Vidal  -  Aranguiz
Valdivia

Alexis  -  Vargas

Sampaoli is all about a midfield diamond, with full backs placed in suicidal positions, and Medel often lines up in the back four, but is prone to charge forward, Lucio-style. Valdivia is injury prone, and as un-athletic as a pro-footballer could possibly be. He's a beer-swilling, burger-downing smoker, but too goddamn good to drop.

He might also go for a back three, which they did a fair bit in the qualifiers with Rojas playing at the back, and Medel as the lunatic sweeper.

If Vidal is passed fit, the cup is ours. Fuerza!
  • Upvote 1

Ghana were pretty handy last time out weren't they? Hard to believe South Africa was four years ago.

Not sure about the players now but looking at their results from this year and last they haven't been completely convincing.

They still have Gyan though.

I hope they still to well since Uruguay(specifically Suarez) cheated them out of a semi-final place.

Edited by Camie

Not sure about the players now but looking at their results from this year and last they haven't been completely convincing.

They still have Gyan though.

I hope they still to well since Uruguay(specifically Suarez) cheated them out of a semi-final place.

Suarez didn't make Gyan miss the penalty.

Ghana's squad is lacking, especially in defence, but they've got some great midfield options. Asamoah, Atsu, Ayew, KEVIN PRINCE BOATENG. I don't know how handy Muntari and Essien are these days, but they could do a job.

And Gyan, obvs, who is scoring more than a goal a game for whatever club he plays for.

He's a dick though, because he insists on wearing the #3 shirt, even though he's a striker, so I hope they go out early.

Still still cheated. The incident provides a good case for introducing the option of a penalty goal. This wasn't a foul which removed a goal scoring opportunity, it prevented a certain goal. Of course Gyan could have scored the penalty but it's hard not to feel sorry for Ghana. Penalties are missed most when the pressure is highest and Uruguay benefited from that and Suarez' cheating.

I'd be surprised to see them match the 2010 performance though, that was their chance.

Edited by Paranoid Android

No he just hand-balled a clear would have been goal on the line.

Most maybe would've done the same, but I still feel sorry for Ghana.

I think in that situation you have to stop the ball going in by any means necessary. Sporting etiquette goes out the window.