aberdeen-music

String recommendations thread

Moon Moon

Like Bigsby I'm on D'adarrio 10's on electric and Martin 12's on acoustic. I change my acoustic strings every 4 weeks or so because I play it a lot more... I only really change the strings on my electric if I know I'm gonna be using it for anything other than messing about on.

Has anyone used silk & steel strings on their acoustic? I fancy mellowing out the tone a bit and thought I might give them a go?!?

I use flat tops on acoustic just now and are really good but rust way too quick. The sound you get from them is phenomenal though.

I am another ernie ball slinky fan

on my stratocasters I currently have:

fatocaster, - 10 - 52, heavy bottom skinny top - tuned standard/ drop d

mexican strat - 11 to 54 tuned to standard 

charvel so cal - 9 to 42 - still original strings on, got a set of 10 -46

I used to tune to c standard with a 25.5 scale guitar, i used 10 to 60, which gave the top strings a light easy to play feel for noodling while the thick bottom strings help keep the punchyness of the riffs while being down low, can't abide a wound g-string 

Today I've tried rotosound phosphor bronze acoustic strings including

11s on the Hudson

10s on the new and improved customised acoustic

Picking up the Hudson tomorrow to see the results but the customised one sounds lovely although it's late and I can't play it as loud as I want