aberdeen-music

Anyone know who'd split a combo into a head and cab?

bac

Thanks. TBH I'd prefer to use someone with some experience of doing it.  There's Zilla in Bristol but then you're into transportation issues.  I'm often enough in Edinburgh/Glasgow etc that I could deliver it.  I haven't totally decided but I might just go for the head and ditch the speaker - it's 15" and very old.

Or just buy a cheap head with the right dimensions and change the insides. Zilla are mental expensive for what you're getting.......

Might be a decent solutions if I were half-way competent at that sort of practical stuff but I'm not.  And it's an amp I've owned a long time so I would want the aesthetics to be decent - the existing casing is completely knackered.

Thanks for that.  Spoke to the guy at Flynns,  Nice bloke but tried to talk me out of it on the grounds I'd be desecrating a fine old combo.  All very well but if it's too heavy for me to use it and in too delapidated a condition to be an easy sell, it may still be the best option.