aberdeen-music

Thursday 8th May - Laika Come Home: Poor Things || Das McManus || Depeche Choad

Thanks Adam. I've never felt such pressure! The "I thought they were going to be shit but they're actually quite good" sentiment can only last so long. Really looking forward to this gig. 

In related news, I will be taking my large, unworn Das McManus T shirt down to the gig in the hope of swapping it for a medium. If I were to keep it could only be used as a nightie. Please advise if your returns policy will not cover this. 

Thanks Adam. I've never felt such pressure! The "I thought they were going to be shit but they're actually quite good" sentiment can only last so long. Really looking forward to this gig.

In related news, I will be taking my large, unworn Das McManus T shirt down to the gig in the hope of swapping it for a medium. If I were to keep it could only be used as a nightie. Please advise if your returns policy will not cover this.

I believe the returns policy does indeed cover this. If you elect to change your mind and keep it as a nightie, this will not affect your statutory rights.

Really, really looking forward to this. Both Depeche Choad and Poor Things were great the last time I saw them. The Poor Things record is fantastic.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I don't think we quite had the same level of energy. Realised I'm too old for putting on LCH shows during the week if we're working during the day. A lot of prep goes in to them and I was dead on my feet before we even got doors open- TO'D and T'D for sure! Was worth it though.

Poor Things were fantastic, total champs. Everything is just so together, especially the vocals. It's also quite something to see a bass player with such a gnarly bass with broken machine heads and everything sound that great. What a hero! Picked up a record so hoping to get a chance to listen to it today.

Thanks to everyone for coming out, next one is at the end of the month: Saturday the 24th at Downstairs again and we have Robot Doctors coming up from Dundee to play that one.

http://robotdoctors.bandcamp.com

• Upvote 1