aberdeen-music

Tips for job interviews and CV's

Moon Moon

You mean doing that instead, or looking at it afterwards? There are lots of places you can teach if you get onto the International School circuit (my mum teaches at the one in Aberdeen) but one of my main concerns besides cushiness is whether or not my partner and I would feel welcome in the country/area. 

After - I mean you'd need a PGCE and 2 years' UK experience for an international school job. The latter concern can work dependent on country (my flatmate here is a gay teacher) - although uprooting to another country in general is probably a headache in general if you have a partner/family in tow (one reason international school teachers seem to get more).

Just since you mentioned ESL/teaching in Poland in the quick questions thread.

• Upvote 1

You may not require this advice, but as an embittered twice-declined applicant to a PDGE, I would strongly recommend using the next year or two to gain as much experience working with relevantly aged children as you can. You may already have stack loads of experience as it is, but it's something the application assessors value highly.

Good luck! More people in the world ought to be taught by Sleater-Kinney fans.

I plan to do some teacher observation at my Mum's school and hopefully with their permission act as a classroom assistant for a few lessons and I've done some tutoring at Level 1 in the University (17-18+ year olds). So, I gots some experience but definitely aiming to get some more in the next couple of years. 

After - I mean you'd need a PGCE and 2 years' UK experience for an international school job. The latter concern can work dependent on country (my flatmate here is a gay teacher) - although uprooting to another country in general is probably a headache in general if you have a partner/family in tow (one reason international school teachers seem to get more).

Just since you mentioned ESL/teaching in Poland in the quick questions thread.

Haha, that was actually on behalf of my partner who was considering it at the time.

• Upvote 1