aberdeen-music

Causey Mounth - Daemon Lover

Chris

I took the opportunity after getting a new acoustic to record a couple of songs last night. A couple I've done before and a new one. They need a bit of work but I thought this one worked well enough with just the guitar and vocals that I'd put it up after a quick tidy. This is one of the ones I've recorded previously though I play it in a different key now than I used to, which I think makes it a bit easier on my voice.

Thanks for taking the time to listen guys :)

With regards to songwriting or the lyrics being compared to Weezer, I should point out it's a traditional ballad (Child 243 ballad fans) so I can't take any credit for the words. All I've done is my own arrangement of it.

How did you end up mic'ing the guitar?

SM58 aimed roughly at where the fretboard joins the body about 5 or 6 inches from the guitar.  There's a bit of EQ and reverb been added afterwards (just acoustic presets in the relevant Reaper VSTs).

Thank you very much for listening and taking the time to comment guys. 

I know my vocals are still patchy. Think it's something that will just improve with practice (and some vocal exercises) and I can already hear a big difference in consistency and control compared to how I was singing when I first put some stuff up a couple of years ago. 

I don't like the singing but love the guitar.

I echo everyone else. The guitar sounds tremendous, especially for a demo. The vocals are ropey, but there's definite improvement from previous stuff you've posted.

This.

The guitar sounds incredible. :up:

This! Guitaring = good, singing = not good, but can definitely be good.

Plus, the title reminds me of "Turbo Lover" by Judas Priest.

If you are interested in singing lessons, Gary and Claire have spoken very highly of Jayne from the Forte Music school.

If you are interested in singing lessons, Gary and Claire have spoken very highly of Jayne from the Forte Music school.

I did get one lesson from Jayne last year and she gave me some warmup exercises which have helped a lot.  Hard to find the time to go back for more regular lessons but I should maybe take another look into it  There's nowhere to hide when it's just guitar and vocal...