aberdeen-music

New LENIN DEATH MASK song

amanti

LDM I agree with, but I like the two other titles. Next ones gonna be even worse, I promise ;-)

Thanks for listening, everyone! None of us listen to Big Country but a thin Lizzy and Iron Maiden, you bet!

It's not quite as memorable as your very first effort, but it's still a really listenable little ditty. I love the ramshackle nature of it all, it gives it a lot of charm. It's earnest and really quite endearing.

sound's like you're saying it's shit.

what happened to your sub-labradford solo act BTW?

Edited by maud 'dib

sound's like you're saying it's shit.

what happened to your sub-labradford solo act BTW?

I took what Phil said as a massive compliment, really. You should stop posting on here drunk or high or whatever, but thanks for listening to the track!

I took what Phil said as a massive compliment, really. You should stop posting on here drunk or high or whatever, but thanks for listening to the track!

nae bother dude, on the coffe at the moment but keep spreading it- I marvel at your powers of promotion in relation to talent dude!

EDIT!

anyway, that was a dig at phil's solo effort not you're lot so slick off warrior!

Edited by maud 'dib

nae bother dude, on the coffe at the moment but keep spreading it- I marvel at your powers of promotion in relation to talent dude!

EDIT!

anyway, that was a dig at phil's solo effort not you're lot so slick off warrior!

What do you mean?

Love the guitar tone. Not enough bass or kick drum in the mix, the cymbals are far too splashy and the verse vocals are too low to be impactful (the chorus vocals work well but may have a little to much reverb on them in my opinion). Sounds a bit like Gaslight Anthem covering a pirate sea shanty.

Not sure that it sits well with the other songs but i'll be interested to hear the rest of your set.

• Upvote 1

What do you mean?

i think you have a real talent for promotion. went to a headache night and it was rammed. It's a great thing getting folk involved in live music, cause live music is loud, great fun and right in yer face. and yer band has bollocks, and energy. phil  just in a roundabout way dissed you. thats how it read to me- in his usual wordy way. pick a fight if it's worth it.

xx

i think you have a real talent for promotion. went to a headache night and it was rammed. It's a great thing getting folk involved in live music, cause live music is loud, great fun and right in yer face. and yer band has bollocks, and energy. phil  just in a roundabout way dissed you. thats how it read to me- in his usual wordy way. pick a fight if it's worth it.

xx

I really don't think he was man, he came to see us on tour and has always been supportive of LDM. Thanks for the kind words anyway, though.

It's not quite as memorable as your very first effort, but it's still a really listenable little ditty. I love the ramshackle nature of it all, it gives it a lot of charm. It's earnest and really quite endearing.

How the fuck can what I said be taken as a diss?

ditty, charm,earnest,endearing. just me obv. u guys are bud's. nae offence. I'd say raging, with bollocks and loaf eye. different strokes. etc.

if it disnae piss the artist in question off it's a non event.

Even out of context, those epithets are positive. Within context, even more so. But thank you for the elaboration.

But you're right, so long as the intended recipients took it the correct way, all is well. I'll even look beyond the fact you decided to make it personal by having a 'dig' at my own musical endeavours, despite it being utterly irrelevant to anything.

Even out of context, those epithets are positive. Within context, even more so. But thank you for the elaboration.

But you're right, so long as the intended recipients took it the correct way, all is well. I'll even look beyond the fact you decided to make it personal by having a 'dig' at my own musical endeavours, despite it being utterly irrelevant to anything.

sure dude, to me it sounded patronising- which I may have have mis-read as mutual admiration between buddies, which happens a lot on here- I'm sure i'm as guilty of it as anyone- but I'm blunt-  ...and because this is Aberdeen everybody knows what everybody else has done it is relevant what your musical output is/was. It informs the critique.  But let's get along, aye it it was a cheap dig on your past endeavours- but it was the tone that put me off. Nef C's nae fussed, I'm nae fussed- I'm sure you're nae fussed. lets move along.

happy days min.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...