aberdeen-music

Game of Thrones TV Pace (no book spoilers)

Captain America

Could the unsullied use their fucking short swords in these close combat bits. No wonder you're losing you knob, you're trying to use a spear when he's right on top of you.

Unsullied are meant to be super soldiers, masters of spear and short swords. In this show its just bloody spears all day.

Right, a super army keeps getting mauled by a bunch of amateurs wearing stupid masks that must be blocking their sight.

I'm kind of relieved that the season's over. What a complete pile of wank most of it was. Dorne was so fucking awful!

It's true that books 4 and 5 can be long winded and have plotlines which advance slowly, but there's still some great stuff in there that they just completely missed out as a means to simplify or streamline things for TV, the majority of which were failures.

Do yourselves a favour and read the books. They aren't perfect, but there's significantly more depth/intrigue and less 'shirtless Ramsay beats Ironborn/Brienne leaves 5 seconds before candle gets lit' moments.

I'm kind of relieved that the season's over. What a complete pile of wank most of it was. Dorne was so fucking awful!

It's true that books 4 and 5 can be long winded and have plotlines which advance slowly, but there's still some great stuff in there that they just completely missed out as a means to simplify or streamline things for TV, the majority of which were failures.

Do yourselves a favour and read the books. They aren't perfect, but there's significantly more depth/intrigue and less 'shirtless Ramsay beats Ironborn/Brienne leaves 5 seconds before candle gets lit' moments.

Book chat should just be kept out of here completely. Start a thread in the book forum if you want to chat about them. No talking about differences between the show and the books, no comments hinting at when something big will happen, just no books. People here are generally good about this stuff but the Game of Thrones thread on another forum has been ruined by book readers.

No way Jon's dead though. Not a chance.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-dies-interview

Interview aside, I'm with you. I just don't see it.  Having Davos and Melisandre move to the wall just as he gets shivved seems awfully convenient as well.  Unless there's a Jon Snow bonfire in the first scene of next season I'll expect to see him again.

I'm with Kernel Loaf on this season being largely crap, though haven't read the books (the 1 or 2 book spoilers that I thought I'd seen I was actually looking forward to and yet didn't materialise, odd).

everything spread too thin, as discussed above; and probably too many established characters dead or just fallen off the proverbial earth; a fair whack of stuff just not making much sense (as above, the sisters vs Jaime and Bron collision; the rich slavers fielding an army of terrorist guerillas more numerous, disciplined, and suicidal than the Unsullied; Stannis declaring to besiege a much bigger army possessing horses and then being surprised that it had other ideas). The whole religious zealots taking over King's Landing plot just totally bored me for whatever reason.

No opinions on the latest *shocking* sexual humiliation scene?

Regards the last scene, I dunno, not sure how he could credibly get out of that. If does, surely his wolf must have something to do with it (how come it didn't come running in the first place?)

The whole bit a few seasons ago with Beric Dondarrion being brought back to life by Dennis Pennis could easily have been left out of the TV show if the fact that Red Priest/esses being able to do that wasn't going to be a factor for a major character in the show at some later point. So Melissandre showing up seems to suggest that's where it's heading.

I'll LOL if Jon, Stannis and Myrcella all end up surviving after that episode, but Sansa and Theon are dead at the bottom of that wall.

• Upvote 3