aberdeen-music

Game of Thrones TV Pace (no book spoilers)

Captain America

The Danaerys sitting in her chair thing is a bit yawn full-stop to be honest. Never mind just this episode.

The fight between Brienne and The Hound was brilliant. Lesson is, don't kick Brienne in the cunt.

Excited for Arya's storyline next season.

The frozen lake of skeleton soldiers was awesome! Like something out of Skyrim.

Really? Aside from the weird pacing of the Lannister scenes, I thought it was brilliant and left me buzzing for the next season.

I did really like the episode, just not as much as some of the others this season. My main problem for next season is that with Joffrey, Tywin and The Hound killed off we are rapidly running out of the really great characters established in season 1.I'd say the only character introduced after season 1 to be any good was Oberyn and we've lost him as well.

Add to that Arya and Tyrion going away from westeros, the next season will be even more spread out which I don't predict to be a good thing. Tyrion's story especially interests me a lot less with him away from King's Landing. 

Also are we supposed to believe that The Hound and Arya were just allowed to turn around and go after they found out her aunt had died. It also seemed very strange that Arya wouldn't want to talk to Brienne more and try and find out something about her family.

Aye, a lot of it seemed really rushed. Seems like some stuff might have been cut out - The Hound bumming about on a hill 10 miles away from the gate with Arya, waiting to be dispatched for being a cheeky shite seemed especially lazy. Especially with him being developed into a more sympathetic character.

Maybe it was a theme that all the deaths were a bit pathetic... Tywin dies on the toilet, Bran's pal gets casually stabbed by a dismembered skeleton arm and the Hound is left to expire after falling off a cliff. I dunno, it just felt a bit 'it's the end of the season, time to kill a bunch of big people off in the same episode'.

I thought that was one of the better season endings overall.

I thought Stannis the Man(nis) riding in with the old pincer move was epic.  John Snow not gettng himself killed was a bonus and I really like the guy that plays Manse so hoping to get a bit more of him.

Brianne and Hounds fight was excellently brutal.

Tyrion and Varys will rip it up in the free cities next year.  Imagine how much fun they'll have.  Ladz on tour.  All the best.

Tywin dieing on the shitter was excellent and totally deserved.  Fuck Shea too.  She was the most annoying whore ever.

So much good and my favourite I already mentioned, loving Arya's storyline as a whole.

I reckon that Varys and Tyrion would make a cracking addition to Dany's posse, and it would definitely help make that farty storyline a bit more interesting.

This season was absolutely brilliant. It's compelled to become a book wanker, because I can't live without this world for another 10 months.

What do you reckon that weird gadgie who lives in the tree was on about when he said Bran would fly?

Warging into something gypit, like an owl? Or Dany's loco dragon -- the one that's going around cooking children? Or he'll become the dragon, like that other kid who got stabbed by one of those radge skeleton jakies once warned him: "da dae it oor long, min."

You might be on to something with the dragon because Bran is like a super warg isn't he?

Normally they can't take over people as well as small animals?

I think he can only possess Hodor because he's not the sharpest spoon in the drawer.  Is Hodor smarter than a dragon?  Who is to say.