aberdeen-music

Game of Thrones TV Pace (no book spoilers)

Captain America

So, it's airing now so people watching it in the UK should be watching it. Not reading this.

The last 10 minutes were brilliant. Peter Dinklage, what a fucking actor. His face when Shae walked in broke my heart, and his 'confession' was just spine-chilling. Fuck, even Cersei looked uncomfortable. Also, watching Margaery's face as she realises exactly what she's getting into with the whole 'Game of Thrones'. 

In fact, it was so good it almost made me forgot the master-class in being a fucking psycho that Ramsay Snow put on at the beginning. That and Davos talking the Iron Bank into doing exactly what he wanted. Good stuff.

Title of episode 8 is pretty spoilery.

'The Mountain and The Viper'. Kind of annoyed I have to wait through next week before we get to something that they've been building towards, but at the same time I'm looking forward to seeing what they end the season on because it's not that face-off if it's happening in two weeks time. Next week is 'Mockingbird' so Littlefinger, Sansa and crazy Lysa episode ahoy!

That was a great episode!

All these great bits of story happening it still annoys me that it's only a 10 episode season so we're already over half done.

Might have to become a book wanker.

I concur. DO IT!!!!!

Tyrion's speech at the end was brilliant. Put everyone in their place...for a few seconds.

American holidays must be the worst.  A whole day off and no good telly on.

This week's GoT was amazing.  Dinklage is the boy.  Trial by combat!  I'm still not a fan of the Daenerys stuff though... it feels like I'm watching a presentation about office ergonomics whenever her assistant reels off her massive title.  They should have done that for every subject she sat before her just to highlight how tiresome it is.  Not to mention her emo body guards and her fearsome dragons raising hell by worrying sheep.

It seems like they're downplaying the dragons quite a lot recently.  It's just the odd scene of them larking about really.  What gives.

That was a fucking brilliant episode.

LITTLEFINGER. Best of the Eyrie/Vale scenes so far. His accent still bothers me but I'm getting used to it. Everything else was very good as well. Pod and Brienne were great, and so happy we got to see Hot Pie again. His wee Direwolf pastry for Arya though. Heartbreaking. As was Bronn and Tyrion's farewell. 

Can't believe we have to wait two weeks for that fucking fight. IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING.

What an absolute RIPPER that was.

Tommy Carcetti is a bad motherfucker. What a move. So glad he wiped one of my least favourite people off the face of Westeros. I'm pretty interested to see how this all pans out: it seems, with this and Joff's death, we're finally starting to see the full range of Littlefinger's capabilities. I love the guy. He's a complete snake and quite contemptible, but you know he's gonna represent for Cat Stark. Top boy.

I cannot wait for this bloody fight! I know I called the participants on here last week, but I loved how it went down. I was a tad disappointed, at first, that Tyrion didn't immediately think "well Cersei's gonna choose the dude she thinks is the baddest man alive (The Mountain), so I'm gonna choose the one guy who'd love to mess him up." However, Oberyn came across as such a don in that scene. I legitimately think he's gonna kill the hell out of Gregor Clegane, and I can't wait to see it go down.

Loved the Hound/Arya and Brienne/Pod scenes. Two great odd couple travelling partners, in great scenes, back-to-back. If any of these characters ever dies, I'm throwing Martin through the moon door.

Stop using spoiler tags!

Fantastic episode. I don't like Littlefinger at all but I was very happy when he shoved Lysa out the moon moon door. She was an awful character and I'm glad we don't have to see any more of her. 

Well done Murr for calling Oberyn as the champion. I think he'll win too. It will be brilliant and I don't bloody want to wait two weeks for it!

See, that's the thing. He can't at the moment. Nobody is supposed to know where Sansa is and she's still married to Tyrion. Peter is going to have a bit of a waiting game on his hands if that's his plan. I think he'll bide his time though, christ knows how long he's been working on his plan to basically throw the whole of Westeros into civil war.